FancyZoom

I think I already know the answer but…has anyone found a way to get
Cabel’s FancyZoom http://www.cabel.name/2008/02/fancyzoom-10.html
to work with other javascript libraries? The usual suspects being
Scripty and/or Mootools.

Just wondering.

Todd


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I have used them together in one site, but not on the same page.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Yeah, I should have said on the same page.

Thanks,

Todd

On Oct 2, 2008, at 9:18 PM, chuckamuck wrote:

I have used them together in one site, but not on the same page.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

re: Fancy Zoom and Scripty

What does FireBug say when you try?

Walter


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

What area of Firebug should I be looking at and for what? There’s a lot of info in there.

Todd

On Oct 3, 2008, at 7:04 AM, waltd wrote:

What does FireBug say when you try?

Console. Specifically, it should say some sort of an error is
occurring. Can you post a URL of a page where you’re having the problem?

Walter

On Oct 3, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Todd wrote:

What area of Firebug should I be looking at and for what? There’s a
lot of info in there.

Todd

On Oct 3, 2008, at 7:04 AM, waltd wrote:

What does FireBug say when you try?


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

The Console doesn’t show any problems. Here’s a test page, <http://www.xiiro.com/fancyzoom_moo.html>. I expected either FZ or Moo to fail miserably (like a Scripty/Moo cocktail does) but actually Moo works and FZ kinda works…but not really.

Todd

On Oct 3, 2008, at 10:02 AM, Walter Lee Davis wrote:

Console. Specifically, it should say some sort of an error is occurring. Can you post a URL of a page where you’re having the problem?

The problem here appears to be improper path to the images, nothing
more. I see a missing image for the Ajax in progress spinner, and
another for the “close the overlay” button and the overlay itself.

Make sure that the FZ images are at a relative position to the script
that matches the script’s expectations.

Walter

On Oct 3, 2008, at 11:54 AM, Todd wrote:

The Console doesn’t show any problems. Here’s a test page, <http://
Xiiro.com is for sale | HugeDomains>. I expected either FZ or Moo to
fail miserably (like a Scripty/Moo cocktail does) but actually Moo
works and FZ kinda works…but not really.

Todd

On Oct 3, 2008, at 10:02 AM, Walter Lee Davis wrote:

Console. Specifically, it should say some sort of an error is
occurring. Can you post a URL of a page where you’re having the
problem?


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

The path is fixed but it appears with the moo js enabled the zoomed image is reduced to thumbnail size but if I disable the other moo scripts (as it is now) the image zooms fine. So close.

Todd

On Oct 3, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Walter Lee Davis wrote:

Make sure that the FZ images are at a relative position to the script that matches the script’s expectations.

Hmmm. You might want to see if anyone has rewritten FZ to work with
Moo. I found a couple of examples where the author rewrote it to work
with Prototype, one where he actually just duplicated the
functionality using Proto/Scripty.

Walter

On Oct 3, 2008, at 12:29 PM, Todd wrote:

The path is fixed but it appears with the moo js enabled the zoomed
image is reduced to thumbnail size but if I disable the other moo
scripts (as it is now) the image zooms fine. So close.

Todd


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

FZ and Moo enabled <http://www.xiiro.com/fancyzoom_moo_alt.html>
FZ only http://www.xiiro.com/fancyzoom_moo.html

Todd

On Oct 3, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Walter Lee Davis wrote:

Make sure that the FZ images are at a relative position to the script that matches the script’s expectations.

Somehow the math is getting mangled. If you look at the rendered
source when the zoomed image is present, you’ll see this:

<img id="ZoomImage" border="0" src="Resources/lollipop_lg.jpg"
	style="display: block; width: 5.70957px;
	height: 3.7037px; cursor: pointer;"/>

Check out those image dimensions. That’s not a thumbnail, it’s a pin-
head!

Walter

On Oct 3, 2008, at 12:35 PM, Todd wrote:

FZ and Moo enabled http://www.xiiro.com/fancyzoom_moo_alt.html
FZ only http://www.xiiro.com/fancyzoom_moo.html

Todd

On Oct 3, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Walter Lee Davis wrote:

Make sure that the FZ images are at a relative position to the
script that matches the script’s expectations.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Exactly. OK, I was being generous when I said “thumbnail”. So there is some kind of bad mojo afoot. Too bad.

Todd

On Oct 3, 2008, at 11:57 AM, Walter Lee Davis wrote:

Somehow the math is getting mangled. If you look at the rendered source when the zoomed image is present, you’ll see this:

<img id=“ZoomImage” border=“0” src=“Resources/lollipop_lg.jpg”

style="display: block; width: 5.70957px;

height: 3.7037px; cursor: pointer;"/>

Check out those image dimensions. That’s not a thumbnail, it’s a pin-head!

Can you try making the FZ load after Moo? See if that fixes it. Something in Moo is redefining a function or a variable that’s declared in FZ, I think.

Walter


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

That did it. I was wondering about the loading order. Hopefully this works in IE and doesn’t break the layout.

Thanks,

Todd

On Oct 3, 2008, at 12:25 PM, waltd wrote:

Can you try making the FZ load after Moo? See if that fixes it. Something in Moo is redefining a function or a variable that’s declared in FZ, I think.

The only downside is that I lose the accordion effect in the body but
the nav is still ok.

Todd

On Oct 3, 2008, at 12:25 PM, waltd wrote:

Can you try making the FZ load after Moo? See if that fixes it.
Something in Moo is redefining a function or a variable that’s
declared in FZ, I think.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

So there’s your conflict then. Moo:Accordion and FZ in a steel-cage match. I have to think this problem has come up somewhere before. Get thee to a Google!

Walter

The only downside is that I lose the accordion effect in the body but the nav is still ok.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I’m surprised (and glad) that they play together as well as they do. As for the accordion/FZ it seems to be an issue with FF which chokes on the accordion (at least for me) but it renders fine in Safari. Actually, so far so good.

Todd

On Oct 3, 2008, at 12:47 PM, waltd wrote:

So there’s your conflict then. Moo:Accordion and FZ in a steel-cage match. I have to think this problem has come up somewhere before.