Fin

Re: Muse -
Since Adobe went to the subscription model I’ve been very shy of it. While users own the output for an Adobe CC project, the master document will only work with CC.

From our perspective, the way in which we create our projects (methods of masking, the way we use filters, keyframes, plug-ins, high-end video transitions, etc.) are our intellectual property. The subscription model means we do not own our intellectual property. We only rent it. I would rather not sign over these rights to Adobe.

Your perspective may be different. Things are also different when we are talking about HTML, as you can reconstruct a page or site from the code. (I haven’t used Muse, but if it allows you to export the code, it might be a good alternative.)

As we know, a shortcoming of Freeway that because of certain things going on in the background, reconstructing things from HTML output is more problematic.

I have no idea whether any company would be interested in buying Freeway and performing the due diligence to bring it up to speed, but I contacted the president of one company to let him know Softpress’ situation. Hopefully, Joe can get in contact with him and see what is possible. I’d like to think that someone out there will take over where Softpress left off.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: