Fin

Walter, you make a valid point. But with regard to RapidWeaver, the core app isn’t designed to do much. Stacks makes it somewhat usable, and Foundation atop Stacks seems to be something that is quite useful (although how bloated the end code is, I’ve not thoroughly examined).

The thing with Freeway is that you could often start off wanting to do something, then you realize you don’t know how to do it so you post something here on FreewayTalk, and much of the time someone out there would give you a code fragment or tip on how to go about it, free of charge. Sometimes actions were required, but not really that often. But from what I see in the RapidWeaver world, you’d need stack for just about any little thing you want to add. Earlier in this thread I asked Joe Workman about a certain type of Search Field and the answer was that it would probably be out there somewhere in Stack form (although I certainly haven’t been able to find it).

There comes a point at which one must ask themselves a question. Can I do this myself at a reasonable cost or should I hire someone to do it? But if I hire them, then I’d need to use them for every little change in the future, which could end up costing me more in the long term than doing it myself.

I got into web design in 1999 only because my company at the time wanted me to do the job rather than pay a huge sum to an outside firm. I’ve always done website work in my free time. It’s not my full time job. Freeway made that possible for me. People who do websites full time have a very different view of web design and web design tools, I have no doubt.

–James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: