Fireworks

I’m looking for opinions on Adobe Fireworks (preferably CS6). As someone
who for the longest time did not need the feature-set of Illustrator,
Photoshop (I use PS Elements), etc. I find myself in a position where I
may need to pony up for something more robust that can open and edit
extremely large and complex layered PS files without giving up the ghost
and Fireworks seems a reasonable option at $300. I really don’t want to
spend $600-700 on PS or AI. So, is it worth the $.

Todd


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Have you considered the monthly payment plan for the full CS6? Then you
could avail yourself of whichever application you need whenever you need it
:slight_smile:


Ernie Simpson

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Todd email@hidden wrote:

I’m looking for opinions on Adobe Fireworks (preferably CS6). As someone
who for the longest time did not need the feature-set of Illustrator,
Photoshop (I use PS Elements), etc. I find myself in a position where I may
need to pony up for something more robust that can open and edit extremely
large and complex layered PS files without giving up the ghost and
Fireworks seems a reasonable option at $300. I really don’t want to spend
$600-700 on PS or AI. So, is it worth the $.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Ernie Simpson wrote:

Have you considered the monthly payment plan for the full CS6? Then you
could avail yourself of whichever application you need whenever you need it
Would that be Creative Cloud at $49/mo?

Todd


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

The month cloud use is great works really well I use fireworks on the cloud saves buying it

Stu

Nonfacture.
Creative | artwork | event branding

International House | Pierpoint Street | Worcester | WR1 1YD
07766546787

On 21 Aug 2012, at 06:12, Ernie Simpson email@hidden wrote:

Have you considered the monthly payment plan for the full CS6? Then you
could avail yourself of whichever application you need whenever you need it
:slight_smile:


Ernie Simpson

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Todd email@hidden wrote:

I’m looking for opinions on Adobe Fireworks (preferably CS6). As someone
who for the longest time did not need the feature-set of Illustrator,
Photoshop (I use PS Elements), etc. I find myself in a position where I may
need to pony up for something more robust that can open and edit extremely
large and complex layered PS files without giving up the ghost and
Fireworks seems a reasonable option at $300. I really don’t want to spend
$600-700 on PS or AI. So, is it worth the $.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 1:17 AM, Todd email@hidden wrote:

Would that be Creative Cloud at $49/mo?

Yep, although I got it at the introductory price of $30/mo. Entitles you to
just about all their software, their mobile apps, and services like Typekit
and Browserlabs. A different way to do software, for sure – but so far a
positive experience for me.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Ernie Simpson wrote:

Yep, although I got it at the introductory price of $30/mo. Entitles you to
just about all their software, their mobile apps, and services like Typekit
and Browserlabs. A different way to do software, for sure – but so far a
positive experience for me.
At first the idea of paying for software on a monthly “as needed” basis
didn’t feel right but I can also see the benefit. I wish I had been
aware of the $30 intro price. Damn, missed out again.

Todd
http://xiiro.com


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options