Floating boxes

Why do my text boxes, graphic boxes and tables float around the page?

Thanks,
Jim

freevenice.org

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

You are using a mixture of table-based layout (CSS button off) and absolutely-positioned DIV layout (CSS button on). Pick one, they both work, although CSS is the more current layout technique.

If you want to use tables to present tabular data (like a spreadsheet) then make sure that the table is positioned with CSS. That will wrap it in a DIV, and everything will be on an equal footing.

Walter

On Jun 30, 2018, at 8:51 PM, James Smith email@hidden wrote:

Why do my text boxes, graphic boxes and tables float around the page?

Thanks,
Jim

freevenice.org

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

That sounds like very good advice, Walter. But I must be doing something wrong. I clicked on the CSS button for all items, including the table, so that it had a blue background, which I presume means tha it’s on. I repositioned the table and items inside the cells, but I still have the same problem of overlapping boxes.

Jim

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

If you change the CSS button, it only affects things you draw after that, not everything already on the page. Click on each element in turn, and check the Inspector to see if the Layer checkbox is checked. You’ll have to confirm this for every item on each page, unless you used Master Pages and the elements on your pages are coming from there. If you did that, then changing it on the Master page should be enough to fix it. You’ll still want to spot-check anyway, though.

Walter

On Jul 1, 2018, at 6:15 PM, James Smith email@hidden wrote:

That sounds like very good advice, Walter. But I must be doing something wrong. I clicked on the CSS button for all items, including the table, so that it had a blue background, which I presume means tha it’s on. I repositioned the table and items inside the cells, but I still have the same problem of overlapping boxes.

Jim

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options