Font features are disappearing and more

My MacBook Pro OS 10.13.3 is running Intaglio 3.4.2. My iMac 27 also OS 10.13.3 is running Intaglio 3.9.5
A drawing (8,3MB) made on MacBook is containing text elements with Times New Roman, bold and italic . When opening this file in my iMac all text elements are presented as plain Helvetica.

Also when playing around to figure out the reason for this, the file on my MacBook won’t open. I am getting the message “Can´t complete this command -1409”, Time Machine helps me out.

Appreciate help,

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

No response to my previous question makes me think that I expressed my self in a difficult way. Ill try to refrase my question:

When an Intaglio drawing made on one my Mac Pro is opened in my iMac I am loosing styles as italic, bold as well as font type and size.

My MacBook Pro OS 10.13.3 is running Intaglio 3.4.2.
My iMac 27 also OS 10.13.3 is running Intaglio 3.9.5.

In my iMac all text elements are presented as plain Helvetica.
Huge job to rebuild many drawings

Also when playing around to figure out the reason for the problem, the file on my MacBook won’t open. I am getting the message “Can´t complete this command -1409”, Time Machine sometimes helps me out.

Please help

Kind regards
Asle Knut

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Asle,

Try trashing the intaglio application and reinstall it from a freshly downloaded installation file. This has helped me in the past when strange thing happen. The last time was after my toolbar disappeared.

Jack

J Evans Jennings Jr.
email@hidden

On Feb 11, 2018, at 5:44 AM, Asle Knut Aarseth email@hidden wrote:

No response to my previous question makes me think that I expressed my self in a difficult way. Ill try to refrase my question:

When an Intaglio drawing made on one my Mac Pro is opened in my iMac I am loosing styles as italic, bold as well as font type and size.

My MacBook Pro OS 10.13.3 is running Intaglio 3.4.2.
My iMac 27 also OS 10.13.3 is running Intaglio 3.9.5.

In my iMac all text elements are presented as plain Helvetica.
Huge job to rebuild many drawings

Also when playing around to figure out the reason for the problem, the file on my MacBook won’t open. I am getting the message “Can´t complete this command -1409”, Time Machine sometimes helps me out.

Please help

Kind regards
Asle Knut

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks Jack.
I did trash Intaglio and reinstalled the program. Result was the same.
Also installed version 3.4.4 and were able to open older files with font information ok.
Tried to open files that has been attempted open with version 3.9.5. Won´t open, getting the -1409 message.
Have been looking for a list of error code to find out more about my 1409 error code. Got a feeling that when opening a file (produced and stored on my Mac Pro) via file sharing on my iMac, the original file on my Pro is blocked (-1409).
I´d better start to look for an Intaglio replacement that will open my old Intaglio files.
Any one got an idea?

Kind regard
Asle Knut

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

I am back at 3.4.4. It took a lot of work to get back files that had
been ruined by 3.9 (only by opening them!) into 3.4.4 but it worked. I
think I mostly saved as PDF, split to separate pages (since Intaglio
only imports the first page) and then imported.

3.9 gave be no visible advantages, less stability and ruined my files. I
am happy with 3.4.4, I just hope it will last. If we get a new version
that doesn’t destroy the path back this way, I am ready to try it.

/Ingemar

Den 2018-02-13 kl. 12:37, skrev Asle Knut Aarseth:

Thanks Jack.
I did trash Intaglio and reinstalled the program. Result was the same.
Also installed version 3.4.4 and were able to open older files with font information ok.
Tried to open files that has been attempted open with version 3.9.5. Won´t open, getting the -1409 message.
Have been looking for a list of error code to find out more about my 1409 error code. Got a feeling that when opening a file (produced and stored on my Mac Pro) via file sharing on my iMac, the original file on my Pro is blocked (-1409).
I´d better start to look for an Intaglio replacement that will open my old Intaglio files.
Any one got an idea?

Kind regard
Asle Knut

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks Ingemar. (Have been off computer for a while).
Agree with you as to versions. Have been loving Intaglio for years, starting with MacDraw bad in the 90´s. Can’t help feeling that I´m on a sinking ship. Looking for an easy transfer of my files to a new program.
Proposals?

Thanks,
Asle Knut

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden