Footer social buttons from FW template.

Hi,

Using the Ambient Freeway template, I’ve muddled together http://www.kimfolio.com. In the footer, I’ve edited down the social media buttons. 'Want to introduce my own button for Behance. Is this easily done?

'Tried creating own pngs but size was uncertain (128px square?). 'Found problems importing my images into the rollover frames. Sizes turned out wonky. Functioning haywire.

Can anyone provide a talk-through?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Can you make another page where you show the problem button? It’s impossible to say what’s wrong if we can’t see it. Publish it so we can see it, but don’t link it to any of your other pages. Then post a link to it here.

Walter

On Jun 18, 2018, at 10:23 AM, kimfolio email@hidden wrote:

Hi,

Using the Ambient Freeway template, I’ve muddled together http://www.kimfolio.com. In the footer, I’ve edited down the social media buttons. 'Want to introduce my own button for Behance. Is this easily done?

'Tried creating own pngs but size was uncertain (128px square?). 'Found problems importing my images into the rollover frames. Sizes turned out wonky. Functioning haywire.

Can anyone provide a talk-through?

http://www.kimfolio.com/

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks Walter,

I should’ve described this better- the buttons in question are the very ones at the foot of the page indicated. They work fine, rolling over and linking to various social networks.

Many came pre-prepared in the template (‘Ambient’), and I’ve simply whittled them down to 4. I’m wondering about switching the second-from-right button (Dribble) to another network (Behance).

I’d attempted getting in at the picture frames and importing alternative .pngs I’d prepared but I couldn’t differentiate between the upper and lower frames and the images imported in faulty sizes.

Unfortunately, I don’t have an example uploaded, I simply scrapped my efforts. 'Hope my explanation suffices (excuse wonky terminology). I suppose a description of how these buttons might be altered is requested- or better yet, a link to anything helpful on the knowledge base.

Thanks and regards.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

My problem is that I have never used any of the templates, and so I don’t know how they are constructed. The Rollover Action can be used two different ways, depending on how the page is constructed. If you use the (old, not flexible) technique of drawing a box on the page, then drawing another box and aligning it directly above the first one to construct a rollover, then you would have access to both images in the usual manner. You would click and option-click through the stack until the image box you wanted was available, then change the image inside it. But if you were dealing with an inline image, the second (or third) image would be accessed only through the Action interface, not the layout. In that case, an image would be inserted inline within the flow of text in a parent (html) box, and the Action applied to that image. Within the Action interface, there are pickers to choose additional images per rollover state. In this latter format, you would need to use images that were pre-sized to match the first image exactly, since there is no control over the dimensions (or cropping) permitted when you simply choose an image this way.

Walter

On Jun 20, 2018, at 4:26 AM, kimfolio email@hidden wrote:

Thanks Walter,

I should’ve described this better- the buttons in question are the very ones at the foot of the page indicated. They work fine, rolling over and linking to various social networks.

Many came pre-prepared in the template (‘Ambient’), and I’ve simply whittled them down to 4. I’m wondering about switching the second-from-right button (Dribble) to another network (Behance).

I’d attempted getting in at the picture frames and importing alternative .pngs I’d prepared but I couldn’t differentiate between the upper and lower frames and the images imported in faulty sizes.

Unfortunately, I don’t have an example uploaded, I simply scrapped my efforts. 'Hope my explanation suffices (excuse wonky terminology). I suppose a description of how these buttons might be altered is requested- or better yet, a link to anything helpful on the knowledge base.

Thanks and regards.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks for your detailed answer, Walter. I’ll take a look at what you describe and see if that helps my subsequent attempts. I suspect that the second method you describe is at play here.

All the best.

Kim.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden