forms in Godaddy

It seems that I have read this before, go daddy is the host and I have
a php form on a site that I just finished.

http://www.buffalofamilylaw.com

it seems not to be working. I was on the phone w the client and he was
not getting any response from test forms that we filled out…

how do i fix this.

Thank you !!!

Julie


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I follow your posts with great interest, Julie. I know what it is to ‘do’ something without knowing how.
First my advise. For future projects of yours. Never ever let a client test things like mailforms etc. when a site is already live. Bad for your business. Not good for the client. How shall his visitors reach him?
Now about that form. I cannot see what you did there. But I noticed that your error page is blank. No information whatsoever for the poor visitor that makes a mistake. So maybe something in that action that you ticked wrong? BTW the mailadress of the client is still visible in the sourcecode. That’s not your fault, it’s a well known ‘thingy’ of Freeway. Freeway seems to encrypt the mailadress, but it’s still there for bots to harvest. But you should know about it, that’s why I mention it.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thank you. Yes that was bad of me and will not let it happen again.
I will also check into the error page.

I use the php form action on the page.

I remember reading that there is something special you to do w it for
godaddy to make it work. I cannot seem to find thAt thread.

Are there any suggestions?

Thank you
Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 13, 2009, at 3:00, atelier email@hidden wrote:

I follow your posts with great interest, Julie. I know what it is to
‘do’ something without knowing how.
First my advise. For future projects of yours. Never ever let a
client test things like mailforms etc. when a site is already live.
Bad for your business. Not good for the client. How shall his
visitors reach him?
Now about that form. I cannot see what you did there. But I noticed
that your error page is blank. No information whatsoever for the
poor visitor that makes a mistake. So maybe something in that action
that you ticked wrong? BTW the mailadress of the client is still
visible in the sourcecode. That’s not your fault, it’s a well known
‘thingy’ of Freeway. Freeway seems to encrypt the mailadress, but
it’s still there for bots to harvest. But you should know about it,
that’s why I mention it.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Btw thank you for your input and suport

J

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 13, 2009, at 3:00, atelier email@hidden wrote:

I follow your posts with great interest, Julie. I know what it is to
‘do’ something without knowing how.
First my advise. For future projects of yours. Never ever let a
client test things like mailforms etc. when a site is already live.
Bad for your business. Not good for the client. How shall his
visitors reach him?
Now about that form. I cannot see what you did there. But I noticed
that your error page is blank. No information whatsoever for the
poor visitor that makes a mistake. So maybe something in that action
that you ticked wrong? BTW the mailadress of the client is still
visible in the sourcecode. That’s not your fault, it’s a well known
‘thingy’ of Freeway. Freeway seems to encrypt the mailadress, but
it’s still there for bots to harvest. But you should know about it,
that’s why I mention it.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Julie,
Try the PHP Feedback Form product page;
http://www.freewayactions.com/product.php?id=019

quote:
Use GoDaddy’s mail script - This option, when checked, will
automatically set your page up to use GoDaddy’s default PHP form
processing script that is installed by default on their servers. Click
on the ‘Set up info’ button to read about how to add the recipient’s e-
mail address to your GoDaddy account area.

As atelier mentioned you should really set these things up and test
them before your client gets to see them. If the client is a close
friend then he’ll cut you a lot more slack but, regardless of this,
having things fail like this for the client will seriously impact your
business reputation.
Regards,
Tim.

On 13 Nov 2009, at 12:36, Julie wrote:

Thank you. Yes that was bad of me and will not let it happen again.
I will also check into the error page.

I use the php form action on the page.

I remember reading that there is something special you to do w it
for godaddy to make it work. I cannot seem to find thAt thread.

Are there any suggestions?

FreewayActions.com - Freeware and shareware actions for Freeway
Express & Pro.

Protect your mailto links from being harvested by spambots with Anti
Spam.
Only available at FreewayActions.com

http://www.freewayactions.com


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thank you Tim.

That is actually what I was using… But I did not realize the godaddy
check box was there… This is my first time using them. I normally
use James - Have-host.

The problems w testing it before it was live - it was… but on have
host it worked… so I did not think anything about it till he said he
tested it again. it is a good friend and he was cool w it since he
actually got a client from the site already.

This will not happen again… Thank you

Julie
On Nov 13, 2009, at 8:26 AM, Tim Plumb wrote:

Hi Julie,
Try the PHP Feedback Form product page;
FreewayActions.com | PHP feedback form

quote:
Use GoDaddy’s mail script - This option, when checked, will
automatically set your page up to use GoDaddy’s default PHP form
processing script that is installed by default on their servers.
Click on the ‘Set up info’ button to read about how to add the
recipient’s e-mail address to your GoDaddy account area.

As atelier mentioned you should really set these things up and test
them before your client gets to see them. If the client is a close
friend then he’ll cut you a lot more slack but, regardless of this,
having things fail like this for the client will seriously impact
your business reputation.
Regards,
Tim.

On 13 Nov 2009, at 12:36, Julie wrote:

Thank you. Yes that was bad of me and will not let it happen again.
I will also check into the error page.

I use the php form action on the page.

I remember reading that there is something special you to do w it
for godaddy to make it work. I cannot seem to find thAt thread.

Are there any suggestions?

FreewayActions.com - Freeware and shareware actions for Freeway
Express & Pro.

Protect your mailto links from being harvested by spambots with Anti
Spam.
Only available at FreewayActions.com

http://www.freewayactions.com


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Or, for future reference, if you’re using GoDaddy and you don’t want to use Tim’s actions, you’d merely set the ‘Method’ to ‘POST’ and the ‘Action’ to be an absolute address in your domain to the ‘gdform.php’ file in the ‘Form Setup’ in your FW document.

So for instance, let’s say your domain is:

http://www.example.com

and you have a form that uses Forms 2 Go or something else and so in the in the ‘Action’ area you’d write:

http://www.example.com/gdform.php

(Without the carrots on the end for either of the examples!)

It has to be that way, but you have to make sure first through FTP that the file (gdform.php) exists or you’ll have to go into the cPanel of GoDaddy and look for an item labelled ‘Form Mailer’ and then you’d be asked a question or two and then you’d be set. The form submission through GoDaddy isn’t instantaneous, but it’s a few seconds or so.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Interesting. I like tims actions. That’s what I have used on my 2 sites.

But, I will bookmark this for future info. Thank you Dan!!
J

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 13, 2009, at 23:48, Dan J email@hidden wrote:

Or, for future reference, if you’re using GoDaddy and you don’t want
to use Tim’s actions, you’d merely set the ‘Method’ to ‘POST’ and
the ‘Action’ to be an absolute address in your domain to the
‘gdform.php’ file in the ‘Form Setup’ in your FW document.

So for instance, let’s say your domain is:

http://www.example.com

and you have a form that uses Forms 2 Go or something else and so in
the in the ‘Action’ area you’d write:

http://www.example.com/gdform.php

(Without the carrots on the end for either of the examples!)

It has to be that way, but you have to make sure first through FTP
that the file (gdform.php) exists or you’ll have to go into the
cPanel of GoDaddy and look for an item labelled ‘Form Mailer’ and
then you’d be asked a question or two and then you’d be set. The
form submission through GoDaddy isn’t instantaneous, but it’s a few
seconds or so.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options