Freeway 7.1.4

No replies this morning. I guess everyone’s on vacation. :slight_smile:

As I said yesterday, even when switching from HTML4 to HTML5, “inline styles” are not eliminated when tables are used.

The table tool is useful in Freeway to allow anyone to easily put Excel-like tabular data on a web page. If one wishes to argue “just make a table in the MODERN way,” I will counter argue that Freeway’s Table tool should do it for me “that other MODERN way.” I’m so sick and tired of non-WYSIWYG code hacks to make my site look “just ok.” Honestly, I came to Freeway back in 1999 to free myself from code. Now I use so much code I am drawing in it and my creativity has quite nearly been flushed down the toilet as a result.

The existence of the following tool proves that inline styles used by tables CAN be extracted:

https://www.cssout.com/

As such, if “inline styles” are truly taboo these days, then it’s clear that Freeway needs to provide a new user-selectable option: “Don’t Use Inline Styles.”

Jeremy…?

Walter, I hacked your CSS Text Shadow action into obedience.

BEFORE:

<action-appliesto html4 html32css xhtml xhtmlstrict />

AFTER:

<action-appliesto html5 html4 html32css xhtml xhtmlstrict />

Seems to work. If you don’t have any objections, you might want to update your action. For now, I will use my hacked version.

Regarding my previous post:

1. I fixed PROBLEM#1 by hacking Walter’s Action.
  2. I fixed PROBLEM#2 by eliminating Caxton (sorry, Paul) and using code (!@#$%^&!!!) instead.
  3. I fixed PROBLEM#3 by applying the “Remove from Relative Page Layout” action onto my CSS3 Menubar.
  4. The fix for PROBLEM#4 will need to wait for Jeremy Hughes magic touch.

–James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: