Freeway 8 / The end of Adobe Muse

Well, I support Jeremy Hughes, SoftPress and the forthcoming Freeway 8. I’ve investigated other web design apps, naturally, but I’m still using Freeway Pro 7 to maintain my existing web sites. I am not a full time web designer, so my needs are not the same as the rest of you. And while I have found a lot of good in the app named Blocs, it still lacks Responsive Tables and a site wide search feature, and it doesn’t have anything like Freeway Actions to allow the community to add those features. Even so, I mention Blocs because it does offer an intuitive means of getting one into the world of Responsive websites. I never could get my head around how to accomplish that feat in Freeway, which is why my existing Freeway sites are NOT responsive (although I have all my graphics Retinafied.

All said, I support the 64-bit Freeway 8 effort. Kudos to Mr. Logan and to Jeremy for keeping the ball of development rolling. Despite what the nay-sayers have to say, I believe something great is in the making!

–James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I’m so delighted that I’ve checked back into the forum to find out that Freeway 8 is well under way.

I rely so much upon Freeway. I create about 2 new sites for my company’s events a month with it, and with my very limited coding knowledge, I’d have no clue how to migrate. Myself and a colleague have ‘braked’ at El Capitan, so we can continue to utilise Freeway 7 as long as possible.

I only hope, that a number of actions I rely upon daily (WebYep, Mobile Direct, Smooth Scroll, iOS favicon, Scriptylightbox 3) will be supported by Freeway 8.

As I came from a Desktop publishing background, Freeway is so intuitive.

Only gripe: I still have no idea how to make a flexible page that can centre items, and have a maximum width.

An example of one of my more advanced Freeway sites: Floorplan | Smarter Travel LIVE! 2018, 16-17 October, Liverpool

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Only gripe: I still have no idea how to make a flexible page that can centre items, and have a maximum width.

You can centre a page and give it a maximum width by selecting Align:Center and Width:Maximum in the Measurements section of the Page Inspector.

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options