Freeway Alternative – Pinegrow Web Designer

Hi David,

am not sure what to answer you. My sites are all 100% Freeway HTML but surrounded by external CSS and JavaScript (using Brackets and CodeKit). So mostly, I left the “Freeway HTML stuff” untouched, respecting its way how it worked and produced stuff. For this reason I didn’t need a big-player such as Coda.

And exactly for this reason, I searched for a “new mule” doing preferably the construction side once Freeway will break.

In your case, things are slightly different cause you already do a big portion off Freeway. Coda is super cool for sure (I haven’t tried it but heard the best).

Pinegrow is for me a raw, kind of prototype which doesn’t have much of “auto function” stuff but is (nearby) unbeatable if it comes to create the HTML framework - whether from scratch (what I’m after) or under the use of one of the available frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, Materialize, Angular JS + Bootstrap Blocks).

Currently I’m trying to develop my own small framework - to get a hang on it. Forms I’m used to use Forms2Go. PG can’t be actionized such as in Freeway. It doesn’t have this “publishing” process. And that’s the stunner:

Its direct feedback and preview! It changes by typing and has all the things I wished having in Freeway. But whatsoever - nothing beats Freeway.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: