Freeway Alternative – Pinegrow Web Designer

I appreciate your concern for the software that I use, but I spend a lot of time with both apps and feel that BSS is better for me most of the time, and probably a friendlier transition for most FW users. Of course Pinegrow is more powerful – I said that in my previous post. But in terms of user interface and intuitiveness, I think BSS wins hands-down.

My clients need all kinds of graphic design media (electronic and print) from me, and so I don’t have the luxury of specializing only in web development. Sometimes I go several weeks between web jobs, so I need software that is simple yet allows me to tweak the code as I like. The BSS interface is brilliant in this respect, while Pinegrow can be horrendously complex at times (I’m looking at you, master pages and components). Inevitably, I spend far too much time trying to figure out – or remember – how PG does something, whereas the much simpler BSS interface always seems easier and – crucially for me – more intuitive.

So I’m stuck using Bootstrap? Big deal. It’s what I prefer to use, despite its shortcomings.

So bootstrap.css is larger than it needs to be? Who cares? My clients aren’t nitpicking over the code, they’re perfectly happy with the loading time, and they save money because my development time is a fraction of what it would be if I went “plain vanilla”.

In the end it’s all about what my clients need, and usually Bootstrap + Bootstrap Studio allows me to give them the best website for the least amount of money.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: