Freeway Alternative – Pinegrow Web Designer

Man, I found a broken link on my personal site this afternoon.
Reached for Freeway Pro 7.1 and realized I haven’t touched it since upgrading to El Capitan… hence searching now for my registration number? So… I opened Safari and entered Softpress only to find out BYE BYE? Omg.

Any one know who to contact to retrieve a serial?
Anyways I will find it… always back up to DVD my purchases.

REPLACEMENT SOFTWARE GUYS?.. say what - I can not believe my favourite Web tool is FINISHED. Waaaaaaaa

I have demo’d Pingrow - its nice but not for me - and I can not see it being a replacement. Nothing will ever replace Freeway Pro. The knowledge base, the cool extras and plug-ins all developed over the years. I been using Freeway since version 4. And it has saved my butt many times. It has bee an absolute pleasure Visualizing site creation without coding. I would never dream of ever trying Dreamweaver - it gives me a fever. Of the others Apps, that I will mention - yeah Pinegrow seems to be the best for both worlds covering both Coders and Visualizers. But still… come on!

Muse - hmmmm well it sure can be fun - yet creativity and customization like the rest I am about to list - just don’t come close to Freeway. All too many tools like these - what based on Bootstraps I guess… all seem to be carved from the same block of wood. I thought people boo’d iWeb for its limitations. Surely Muse has not really fallen to the iWeb level… yet I believe people understand where I am coming from. Muse is amusing and seems to offer a growing crowd of development and clever pre-coded fun.

Blocks - yeah same mentality - building blocks - seems logical yet limiting. Use this block to have a gallery. This type of block to set your heading. This block for video. Ugh.

Sparkle - I actually bought this and have used it a few times - yeah based on blocks - super simple - super clean. I am afraid Sparkle might one day find its place next to Freeway. Waaaaa.

Hype Pro - yeah people do make responsive / interactive websites with Hype. I can be a truly fun tool. And of course with animation - bye bye Flash was why I got into Hype. But making an entire Website with it… I haven’t myself but I have seen it.

Last but not least… is Mobirise. Yuppers, another Block building App. They even have opened it up to Coders now to further add customization. I believe it will cost a user about 70 bucks to have those features opened. Yet, Mobirise is free otherwise. Certainly a template base block style web site maker. So, for what I assume most people feel is Modern and Cool and well easy to use – hell its Free!!! Both for Commercial and Personal use - a definite tool that will get in the hands of those who do not want to code. I am sure it will put a huge dent in the industry.

STILL, the pure personalization of placing any element any shape anywhere at any size and in any colour in any typeface – in any shape style form that you the Designer ever dreamed it to be - this freedom and capability belongs to Freeway! So long good friend.
That said; PEOPLE we can still design with it - its still a tool to use. Unless Apple changes OS X to a language it can not run on.

Ugh now where is my dang serial!!!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: