Freeway Alternative - The Elephant In The Room

Hi Thomas and to everyone else that’s been commenting on this thread.
Thomas, I have to admit every time I launch Coda I am finding that I am not that comfortable with it either. I know it’s just a personal taste but I just don’t feel at home with it. Although I am sure its a great piece of software. Espresso is the same for me as well… although I loved CSSEdit.
I have been testing the latest Dreamweaver Beta and I have to say if you can understand the code a little then I think for those people that are not put off by a subscription base application then it may be a viable alternative to Pinegrow which also looks good to me as well.

As far as I am seeing… there are going to be two distinct directions which Freeway users will ultimately need to take… One is the direction taken by blocks, sparkle etc which more akin to a drag and drop but limited control and the other is the code editor route which has a decent user interface (for those that just don’t like using a pure editor like TextMate or Sublime).

There is no Freeway comparable application, so at the moment It’s looking a bit grim for those that can’t make the jump to a more advanced but ultimately scarier application, because for the first time in a little while, an application is not being superseded by something better, and therefore people are going to have to compromises on what they can do, or change!!

Max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: