Freeway Alternative - The Elephant In The Room

Yep - guys, all well said.

I think I understand code and can handle it. Exactly for this reason, it’s more and more clear that I go with Pinegrow. It’s somehow unique. It’s not an application, because it doesn’t create a dot.whatever (!important). It’s as well not a code editor - somehow. It has things I missed in Freeway for many years.

I don’t want to be heroic - but every time I work in it, I think on you guys. About all the stuff we discussed the last past years. I think about action writers being able to extend the core functionality. I think about web yep and what could be done to “integrate” it. I think about Ernie who said: “Why not placing content first and wrap it in elements later”.

All this makes me pretty sure, assumed one can handle code, being close to the “correct” match once substituting Freeway. Meanwhile it will be important to have a deeper look into Max’s entirely revised ID2class action.

My workspace is unusual (for a Freeway-user) anyway. I do FW for framework, typography and color, Brackets for all fancy stuff, CodeKit to handle concatenate and compiling - handling all external stuff.

So I’d look relaxed into the future. But can’t cause I’m a lil bit sad losing sight of you all brave guys.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: