Freeway error message

I have a error message that I have had for some time on this site with different providers. I have had it for quite some time (years) and it does not seem to interfere with the functioning of the site. I am in the process of upgrading the images and would like to get rid off the error message as its a visual PITA.

Publish Problems
7 August 2018 at 17:41:35 BST
RESOURCE CANNOT BE FOUND. The following resources cannot be found and will not be published.
The file Macintosh HD:Applications:Freeway 6 Pro.app:Contents:SharedSupport:Actions: FAST:CSS Navigation.fwactionb:Contents:Resources:Actions:Support Files~:transparent.gif for this resource cannot be found.

http://www.nicholas-robertson.co.uk/index.html

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hmm - did you rename Freeway Pro to Freeway 6 Pro and keep on using it? If so, this may be the cause of the problem. I honestly can’t remember if Freeway 6 was called Freeway Pro or if it had the 6 in the name. Something tells me that this might not be the case, but that was many years ago.

I say this because in my recollection, when I moved from Freeway 6 to 7, I don’t think the application bundle name (what you see in Finder) changed, so the transition was smooth and error free. Actions bundled with the app, which are inside the application bundle, carried on working, and their resources were not lost. By keeping the application names consistent, Softpress would be ruling out this kind of problem.

Anyway, the CSS Navigation Action is having problems here, and I guess that at some point, you used the application named Freeway 6 Pro and set up the Action. The path to the resource, which is inside the application bundle, is retained. Moving to Freeway 7, and removing your Freeway 6 Pro application caused the resource to be lost.

Two courses of Action (ho ho):
1 - Remove the CSS Navigation Action from the document, and reply it. You’ll have to set it up again, but this shouldn’t be too troublesome, especially if you take screen shots of the Actions palette first to record the settings.

2 - Reconnect the Resource manually. This is a faff. I only recommend it if you don’”t want to just redo the Action settings.

• In Freeway, go to Edit>Resources. Select the missing transparent.gif file, and click on the Edit… button.

• In the window that opens, click the Locate… button. A filer window will open.

• Now, switch to Finder. Navigate to the Applications Folder, and locate the Freeway Pro application. Select it, and use Get Info to make sure it’s the Freeway 7 application. Close Get Info when you are satisfied that this is the correct one.

Now for some drilling into the Application. You can’t do this from the filer windows Freeway presents. You have to do this in Finder:

• Right Click on Freeway Pro, and select Show Package Contents. A window with a Folder called Contents will appear.

• Open the Contents folder, then Shared Support, then Actions, then FAST.

• You’ll have a window full of funky yellow and black Actions gear icons. Locate the one called CSS Navigation.fwactionb (.fwactionb is the extension for Action bundles - you may not see extensions if you have told Finder to hide them)

• Right Click on CSS Navigation.fwactionb

• Another Contents folder will be shown. Open that, then Resources, then Actions

• In Finder, drag the Support Files~ folder to the sidebar in the Finder Window.

• Switch back to Freeway. You should see that folder appear in the sidebar in that. Click on it.

• You should see the transparent.gif file appear.Select it, Click OK, and close all those Freeway windows.

That should do it. It’s a right pain, but if you don’t want to disrupt the Action settings in your Freeway file, then this is the way to go. Obviously, you can remove the Support Files~ folder from your Finder sidebar when done.

I would honestly say it will be easier to just remove and reapply the Action. You’ll know if this is easy or not depending on your file.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Paul - thanks for a very detailed reply. I am not sure what these action/s may be that is causing the problem, I assume I need to identify which action it is before I can delete and reapply it. Or does it become apparent when I delete the css folder from the Site Folder, or am I barking up the wrong tree completely. The site is www.nicholas-robertson.co.uk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

This is pretty easy to diagnose. While you are in the document where you see the Action working, open the Edit / Actions dialog. You should see some of the Actions listed in a separate group labeled “Actions in this document” or similar. That’s conclusive proof that those Actions are not installed in your copy of Freeway. To fix this, download the Actions from ActionsForge or wherever else you got them, and with Freeway running but no documents open, drag each Action file over the Freeway icon in the Dock. Freeway will show a dialog asking if you are sure you want to install Actions. Okay that, and then try your document again. The Action should now work in both new and old documents. If you accidentally double-install the same Action, Freeway will notice that and give you a different warning, asking if you want to re-install Actions that are already installed. There’s no harm in that, either.

Walter

On Aug 9, 2018, at 7:26 AM, Nicholas Robertson email@hidden wrote:

Paul - thanks for a very detailed reply. I am not sure what these action/s may be that is causing the problem, I assume I need to identify which action it is before I can delete and reapply it. Or does it become apparent when I delete the css folder from the Site Folder, or am I barking up the wrong tree completely. The site is www.nicholas-robertson.co.uk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

I have opened the Edit Action and there is a lot of stuff in this window, all has a positive tick next to each item. Is there anyway i can send you a screenshot?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The Action is looking for a resource in a copy of Freeway, which appears to be Freeway 6 Pro:
Freeway 6 Pro.app:Contents:SharedSupport:Actions: FAST:CSS Navigation.fwactionb

It’s a built in Action - the CSS Navigation Action. It’s in a folder called FAST deep inside the Freeway application itself. Somewhere in your document, there will be an item - most likely an HTML item - with this Action applied. In Freeway, it is likely to look like a Menu rather than a plain text item. If this is your own site - http://www.nicholas-robertson.co.uk/index.html - then I am guessing it’ll be the navigation at the top of the window. The one with the grey buttons. If you click on that element, and open the Action Palette, then that should show the Actions options.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I have clicked on the grey double menu at the top of my site and it shows a CSS menu in the Action palette . The Actions shown below (I kept a copy of all those I have downloaded and used) if I understand properly is to be applied again as a drop on the Freeway 7 application icon.
Image Guardian 1.8.1
PHP easiCaptcha.fwaction
PHP easiForm.fwaction
ScriptyLightbox3.fwaction
Sequence Click 60.fwaction
Sequence_Timer_60.fwaction
Showcase Extras.fwactionb
Showcase Extras.fwactionb alias
Showcase.app
Target Show Hide Layer 60.fwactionb
VideoJS.fwaction

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

One last time, as this has been explained before. My thoughts are that Freeway has lost the image, because at some point, there was an application on your HD called Freeway 6 Pro. That has long gone, and as a result, Freeway can not find it. You will get the same kind of error for any resource that has been moved or deleted.

This in the error is the Finder PATH Freeway is looking for it.
Macintosh HD:Applications:Freeway 6 Pro.app:Contents:SharedSupport:Actions: FAST:CSS Navigation.fwactionb:Contents:Resources:Actions:Support Files~
(Note that the .app extension may be hidden by Finder - don’t worry if it is, that’s how Mac OS knows it’s an application bundle)

My suggestion was to REMOVE the CSS Navigation Action from your Freeway document, and reapply it to the item that is the menu. That should get Freeway looking for the missing resource in its application bundle, not somewhere that clearly does not exist on your machine.

All those other actions? They are very likely to not be a problem in this instance.

So:
0 - Make sure that your Freeway Application is called Freeway Pro. Not Freeway 7 Pro. Not Freeway 7.1.4 Pro. Just Freeway Pro. Use Finder to check this.
1 - Remove the CSS Navigation Action from all places on the site (probably on the Master page), taking note of the Action Palette settings before you do so.
2 - Re-Apply it to the items that it was previously applied to.
3 - Restore settings from your notes.

That is it. That should remove the error.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Should have said, make a backup of the Freeway file before you start on this, so you have a known good version to go back to if you need to.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Paul, I am sorry if I am being repetitive, but I do not always understand clearly what you are advising, however, I feel I have grasped it now. The work needed to set up the link buttons again will be a fag, which is why I am hesitating to do replace it, that said, I appreciate your advice and will act on it as soon as I am able.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden