Freeway error message

Hmm - did you rename Freeway Pro to Freeway 6 Pro and keep on using it? If so, this may be the cause of the problem. I honestly can’t remember if Freeway 6 was called Freeway Pro or if it had the 6 in the name. Something tells me that this might not be the case, but that was many years ago.

I say this because in my recollection, when I moved from Freeway 6 to 7, I don’t think the application bundle name (what you see in Finder) changed, so the transition was smooth and error free. Actions bundled with the app, which are inside the application bundle, carried on working, and their resources were not lost. By keeping the application names consistent, Softpress would be ruling out this kind of problem.

Anyway, the CSS Navigation Action is having problems here, and I guess that at some point, you used the application named Freeway 6 Pro and set up the Action. The path to the resource, which is inside the application bundle, is retained. Moving to Freeway 7, and removing your Freeway 6 Pro application caused the resource to be lost.

Two courses of Action (ho ho):
1 - Remove the CSS Navigation Action from the document, and reply it. You’ll have to set it up again, but this shouldn’t be too troublesome, especially if you take screen shots of the Actions palette first to record the settings.

2 - Reconnect the Resource manually. This is a faff. I only recommend it if you don’”t want to just redo the Action settings.

• In Freeway, go to Edit>Resources. Select the missing transparent.gif file, and click on the Edit… button.

• In the window that opens, click the Locate… button. A filer window will open.

• Now, switch to Finder. Navigate to the Applications Folder, and locate the Freeway Pro application. Select it, and use Get Info to make sure it’s the Freeway 7 application. Close Get Info when you are satisfied that this is the correct one.

Now for some drilling into the Application. You can’t do this from the filer windows Freeway presents. You have to do this in Finder:

• Right Click on Freeway Pro, and select Show Package Contents. A window with a Folder called Contents will appear.

• Open the Contents folder, then Shared Support, then Actions, then FAST.

• You’ll have a window full of funky yellow and black Actions gear icons. Locate the one called CSS Navigation.fwactionb (.fwactionb is the extension for Action bundles - you may not see extensions if you have told Finder to hide them)

• Right Click on CSS Navigation.fwactionb

• Another Contents folder will be shown. Open that, then Resources, then Actions

• In Finder, drag the Support Files~ folder to the sidebar in the Finder Window.

• Switch back to Freeway. You should see that folder appear in the sidebar in that. Click on it.

• You should see the transparent.gif file appear.Select it, Click OK, and close all those Freeway windows.

That should do it. It’s a right pain, but if you don’t want to disrupt the Action settings in your Freeway file, then this is the way to go. Obviously, you can remove the Support Files~ folder from your Finder sidebar when done.

I would honestly say it will be easier to just remove and reapply the Action. You’ll know if this is easy or not depending on your file.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: