Freeway Pro & PHP

One of my customers get a notice from their service provider regarding PHP… it says in part:

Dear VINCENT,

Beginning March 1st, 2017, Aplus.net will no longer support PHP versions 4, 5.2, and 5.3 in favor of PHP 5.6.

If your website is coded in these soon-to-be deprecated versions of PHP, we recommended you upgrade to the newest version of PHP for better performance, increased security, greater reliability and support for modern web standards.

I’m not a techie, and should I be concerned? If so, how can I fix if at all possible with 7.1 on Mac.

Thanks much.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Do you use any PHP scripts, either from Actions like Send Form or PHP Feedback Form, or written by you or another developer? If not, then you don’t need to worry about anything. If your site doesn’t use a form handler or databases, then you are not worried. If you do have a form handler, or use a MySQL database, you should ask your hosting provider to set up a separate environment for you to test your code, running the new version of PHP. Most things are backward-compatible, and I would be surprised if your site broke, unless you were using really old code, or relying on old behavior (like global variables) that have been deprecated for a very long time.

Walter

On Jan 5, 2017, at 7:33 PM, peterpica email@hidden wrote:

One of my customers get a notice from their service provider regarding PHP… it says in part:

Dear VINCENT,

Beginning March 1st, 2017, Aplus.net will no longer support PHP versions 4, 5.2, and 5.3 in favor of PHP 5.6.

If your website is coded in these soon-to-be deprecated versions of PHP, we recommended you upgrade to the newest version of PHP for better performance, increased security, greater reliability and support for modern web standards.

I’m not a techie, and should I be concerned? If so, how can I fix if at all possible with 7.1 on Mac.

Thanks much.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

THANKS TONS!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden