[Fretspace] just started using your app

and SO FAR i am TOTALLY LOVING IT :laughing::laughing::laughing:

i have struggled with guitar for so many years IT IS PAINFUL :sob:

one of my main things has always been to (be able to) SEE what i am playing

discovering your app, and seeing how relatively NEW it is, for me as i start to use it, feels like a DREAM COME TRUE

when i first saw it, to be honest i held back a little, Ā£28 ā€˜sheetsā€™ is a lot for an app that could be rubbish, itā€™s happened before with every guitar notation app i have bought previously, BELIEVE me i have bought plenty :sob::sob:

then i saw that it was a FretspaceĀ Ā» guitar chord and scale editor for Mac app and that ā€˜sealed the dealā€™ and i felt (far more confidentā€™ to buy, invest, commit to an app i had no idea how good or bad it would be :exclamation::question::question::thinking::thinking::thinking:

in the back of my mind, i thought if it is a disappointment i can always return to apple and ask for a refund, iā€™ve done it once or twice before for REALLY TERRIBLE apps, for just disappointments i have ā€˜taken it on the chinā€™ and moved on ā€¦

my POINT IS I AM ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED WITH THE APP SO FAR and simple can SEE so much FUTURE potential

i am LOVING using the app and it has inspired in me MANY ā€˜wouldnā€™tā€™ it be great ifā€™ requests and thoughts

SO do you want to hear any of my thoughts, and or feature requests.

ANY and ALL are given in the FULL KNOWLEDGE that it is one thing to request and another thing to actually code and programme it

so i take nothing for granted but STILL have the thoughts, this app is great but wouldnā€™t it be kool ifā€¦

i leave you saying THANKS and wishing you ABSOLUTE SUCCESS with this AMAZING (POTENTIAL) APP and that i am ABSOLUTELY LOVING USING IT and AM O PLEASED i have discovered and purchased it.

regards and THANK YOU (softpress) for all your work and efforts

BenGee
edinburgh, uk

Fretspace mailing list
email@hidden
https://wayne.softpress.com/mailman/listinfo/fretspace

and SO FAR i am TOTALLY LOVING IT

i have struggled with guitar for so many years IT IS PAINFUL

one of my main things has always been to (be able to) SEE what i am playing

discovering your app, and seeing how relatively NEW it is, for me as i start to use it, feels like a DREAM COME TRUE

when i first saw it, to be honest i held back a little, Ā£28 ā€˜sheetsā€™ is a lot for an app that could be rubbish, itā€™s happened before with every guitar notation app i have bought previously, BELIEVE me i have bought plenty

then i saw that it was a FretspaceĀ Ā» guitar chord and scale editor for Mac app and that ā€˜sealed the dealā€™ and i felt (far more confidentā€™ to buy, invest, commit to an app i had no idea how good or bad it would be

in the back of my mind, i thought if it is a disappointment i can always return to apple and ask for a refund, iā€™ve done it once or twice before for REALLY TERRIBLE apps, for just disappointments i have ā€˜taken it on the chinā€™ and moved on ā€¦

my POINT IS I AM ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED WITH THE APP SO FAR and simple can SEE so much FUTURE potential

i am LOVING using the app and it has inspired in me MANY ā€˜wouldnā€™tā€™ it be great ifā€™ requests and thoughts

SO do you want to hear any of my thoughts, and or feature requests.

ANY and ALL are given in the FULL KNOWLEDGE that it is one thing to request and another thing to actually code and programme it

so i take nothing for granted but STILL have the thoughts, this app is great but wouldnā€™t it be kool ifā€¦

i leave you saying THANKS and wishing you ABSOLUTE SUCCESS with this AMAZING (POTENTIAL) APP and that i am ABSOLUTELY LOVING USING IT and AM O PLEASED i have discovered and purchased it.

regards and THANK YOU (softpress) for all your work and efforts

BenGee
edinburgh, uk

Fretspace mailing list
email@hidden

sorry first post had emojis and appeared truncated and couldnā€™t see how to delete and start again fresh so have replied (NOW) TWICE to my own post LOL

Fretspace mailing list
email@hidden

Hi BenGee

Thanks for your feedback, and yes I would be interested to hear your thoughts and suggestions for additional features.

Iā€™m glad to hear that youā€™re enjoying using Fretspace! I use it regularly myself, and Iā€™m interested in developing it further.

Jeremy

Fretspace mailing list
email@hidden

This App is awesome. Iā€™m not sure if you can do this now, but it seems that when you do your charts, you can either show the degrees or the notes, but not at the same time. It would be nice to be able to label both, as a way to improve learning the fretboard, and knowing what notes you are playing in your chord as well as the degrees. Perhaps under a chord diagram, it can have both the notes and roots labeled at the bottom.

Also, it would be nice to be able to have a chart that mixes and matches this type of information. When I click the show ā€œblankā€ for the Chart labeling, it changes all of the diagrams on the chart at the same time.

Finally, it would be nice to have a function to allow to plop the entire fretboard on a chart with notes, and degrees especially if playing in an open tuning.

Hope this makes sense.

Fretspace mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Spencer,

Thanks for your suggestions! It isnā€™t currently possible to display degrees and notes at the same time, but you can display note values and identify root notes by selecting Show Notes and Color Root Notes.

I agree that it would be useful to display all the notes on the fingerboard as you suggest. A slightly tedious way to do this at present is:

1. Create a box and set the type to Scale/Arpeggio
  2. Set the number of frets to 12 (or 24 if you prefer)
  3. Click on the first 12 frets on the bottom string
  4. Click on all the open string positions on all strings
  5. Click on the highest (12th or 24th) fret positions on all strings
  6. Click on the Complete tool
  7. Change the name of the box to something like ā€œStandard Tuningā€

Once youā€™ve done this for one tuning, you can use the same box for other tunings. Fretspace doesnā€™t normally allow you to have different tunings on the same chart (because in most cases that would be confusing), but you can do this by copying a box from a chart that has a different tuning. Once you do this, Fretspace adds a Tuning popup to the Box section. So in this case you could take your original Standard Tuning box and copy it to a new chart, change the tuning of the new chart to DADGAD (or whatever) and then copy the box back to your original chart. After this, you can just duplicate boxes and change their tunings.

Jeremy

Fretspace mailing list
email@hidden