future of intaglio

Point 1: I won’t call a software dead when it still works. Why should it be updated when it works and there aren’t any problems?

Point 2: The while issue of software slowly dying - which I hope is not the case here - is a distubing one. I have seen several good products going away with no messages at all from the producer.

The most disgraceful I have seen was VectorDesigner, where the producer silently wiped the web from all that could be wiped to pretend that it never existed, instead of uploading the last update with a clear message of it being discontinued.

A later example is Karelia, which seems to have gone totally silent. In that case, the website is still there but no news from the company in a long time.

This kind of behavior is very bad for the small-scale software business. If we can’t trust the small developers, then we must select between the big producers and open source software.

If Intaglio would - and again I don’t say it does - go away, then my next bets are Libre Office and Inkscape. Neither are as nice, intuitive and polished as Intaglio, but they are my backup plan. (I have a few others but they can’t compare to Intaglio.)

But as long as it works, I will keep using Intaglio!

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: