future of intaglio

Continued development would be nice. See below; not going to happen.

I’ve had other developers disappear. One sold the software for years after he quit supporting it. Like Intaglio it was well enough written that it continued to work for years.

But I wouldn’t dump on all independent developers because some fail or retire or abandon.

The biggees regularly give on on software. One that I didn’t like was Apple abandoning Aperture. And they did it just like Intaglio; years of no upgrade and finally announced that it was over. Open source efforts fade too.

I looked at QCAD but for the amount I use Intaglio I’ll stick with Intaglio. QCAD would be a learning curve.

Looks like Intaglio is Purgatory’s only macOS software. And their website has two iOS programs shown that are not longer available. Nick Nallick, email@hidden • 970-259-7129 Software Engineer, Asynchrony Labs is listed as the seller for the macOS program and in 2016 he apparently was working for them.

But I’ve certainly gotten my money’s worth; no complaints there. I just don’t want to learn another program. And there isn’t much in this area. I want the rulers and sizing (being able to type the numbers) features among others; most in this space are graphic design and lack these CAD features. The CAD programs are too powerful.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: