FW7.1 problem

7.1 has a problem with an html item, which 7.0.4 was fine with.

An inline element and its container are changed when opened in FW7.1 and when I try to simply change the setting back to what they should be, the changes don’t ‘stick’.

In the grabs I show the file open in 7.0.4 with the container, then the inline element selected in the Master page, then the child page and then I show the same 4 grabs for the child page.

(Joe, if you want to take a look at the file, it has NOT been ‘saved’ in FW7.1, simply ‘opened’.)

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I should have said … checking ‘Use Master Settings’ doesn’t help.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 9 Jul 2015, at 14:15, grantsymon email@hidden wrote:

7.1 has a problem with an html item, which 7.0.4 was fine with.

Thanks for this. I’ve alerted QA.

Joe

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

This has been fixed in 7.1.1, for which I’m very happy. :slight_smile:

(However … I am still unable to Use Master Settings for the overflowing menu on the Child pages. Every time I select to use Master Settings, after a couple of seconds, the checkbox becomes ‘un-checked’. I found in 7.1 that I could rectify this problem by deleting the element from the Master page and then pasting it back in. Sadly this doesn’t work for this element in 7.1.1, but strangely, the Master Settings do in fact seem to be retained anyway. Ho hum)

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

… I am still unable to Use Master Settings for the overflowing menu on the Child pages…

Try to make the same, chek/unchecked Master settings, but starting from the last nested item (the one without the triangle).

For me, when something drives mad, like an element that doesnt apply master (or sometimes -to me -it happens that the layouts of the brakepoint drives mad, and the page appears like default but with a red column…) normally the problem is not in the most outer element, is in other element nested inside the outer one. Try to review every item starting from the last nested, because if starting with the more outer one, it doesn hear you…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options