FWP 7.1.4

Hi,

Although I have been using FWP for a while I have really only started with the basics. I now need to update my website and so have to start reading the manuals and tutorials.

Is there a way to copy/ move pages from different web sites within FWP

for example I have a web site called cloud and I want to move or copy pages from that into a new site called cloud 2.

Copy and paste does not seem to be working and neither does export.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

When I need to do something similar, I do a "Save As” in Freeway and then everything I did in the first is in the second. Then I set about deleting stuff I don’t need for the version 2 site

Of course it might be just as east to setup a new and clean site, then copy and paste elements and or groups of elements from v1 to v2?

===============================
Peter Tucker email@hidden

On 24 Oct 2017, at 10:24, Paul Skuce email@hidden wrote:

Hi,

Although I have been using FWP for a while I have really only started with the basics. I now need to update my website and so have to start reading the manuals and tutorials.

for example I have a web site called cloud and I want to move or copy pages from that into a new site called cloud 2.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Copy and paste works, but you have to know the gesture involved. Open both documents side-by-side. Click on the thumbnail of the page in the left column on the “donor” document, and choose copy. Then switch to the recipient document, make sure nothing in the page is selected, and paste. The entire page will come over, including all assets. Any links that were relative to the donor document will be lost, unless the same-name page exists in the new document. Also, the filename of the pasted page in the recipient document will be untitledN.html, until you change it using the Inspector.

Walter

On Oct 24, 2017, at 5:24 AM, Paul Skuce email@hidden wrote:

Hi,

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thank you V much the copy and paste of a page worked

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Excuse me hijacking this thread, but I don’t seem to be able to start any new topics up from the web browser.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the progress of the new, superduper phoenix incarnation of Freeway?

Thanks Trev

On 24 Oct 2017, at 13:03, Walter Lee Davis email@hidden wrote:

Copy and paste works, but you have to know the gesture involved. Open both documents side-by-side. Click on the thumbnail of the page in the left column on the “donor” document, and choose copy. Then switch to the recipient document, make sure nothing in the page is selected, and paste. The entire page will come over, including all assets. Any links that were relative to the donor document will be lost, unless the same-name page exists in the new document. Also, the filename of the pasted page in the recipient document will be untitledN.html, until you change it using the Inspector.

Walter

On Oct 24, 2017, at 5:24 AM, Paul Skuce email@hidden wrote:

Hi,

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden