Has anyone used Goolge Webdesigner?

I’ve only just noticed this so not sure how long its been around for, but out of the blue for me:

http://www.google.com/webdesigner/

Not so much an alternative to Freeway, more like Hype.

Neil.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

They are positioning it as a competitor to iAd Producer (Apple Search Ads), which as a full desktop app has a lot more going for it than a Chrome Web app in a thin Mac OS wrapper.

Walter

On Oct 3, 2013, at 7:04 AM, Neil wrote:

I’ve only just noticed this so not sure how long its been around for, but out of the blue for me:

http://www.google.com/webdesigner/

Not so much an alternative to Freeway, more like Hype.

Neil.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

… well, I didn’t know that existed either! I can see the reasoning behind both for future revenue streams etc, given their respective plans for advertising world domination. I’ll admit to hate using any app wrapped up like that as a desktop app though.

I only came across Google Webdesigner after taking a breather from an insanely complex hype animation I’m working on. To me, Hype feels very Freeway-like in it’s approach and is an extremely intuitive approach to animating HTML 5 pages. Can’t help think Tumult and Softpress should share a coffee one day…


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I am confused Walter,
iAd is a chrome web app in a OS shell? Is
That what your saying?
Frank H

Sent from Frank’s iPod

On Oct 3, 2013, at 5:45 AM, Walter Lee Davis email@hidden wrote:

They are positioning it as a competitor to iAd Producer (Apple Search Ads), which as a full desktop app has a lot more going for it than a Chrome Web app in a thin Mac OS wrapper.

Walter

On Oct 3, 2013, at 7:04 AM, Neil wrote:

I’ve only just noticed this so not sure how long its been around for, but out of the blue for me:

http://www.google.com/webdesigner/

Not so much an alternative to Freeway, more like Hype.

Neil.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Sorry, I think I confused things there - I understand Google Webdesigner is the wrapped one.

It’s always off-putting using an app like that on the desktop, having two ‘File’ menus, etc…


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

No, sorry if I wasn’t clear. iAd Producer is a full-on Cocoa application, written by the magic elves at Apple. It’s all the things it should be – 64-bit, built on Cocoa frameworks, all-singing, all-dancing.

Google Web Designer is a Chrome Web app, released for the Mac in a thin wrapper shell that lets it interact with the Mac OS in a minimal way. This means that all of the application menus are in the fake-browser window, not the Mac menu bar, like a Windows application. I believe the Edit menu is there, just to support copy and paste with the system, but Select All isn’t in there, for example.

Walter

On Oct 3, 2013, at 9:48 AM, Frank Harshbarger wrote:

I am confused Walter,
iAd is a chrome web app in a OS shell? Is
That what your saying?
Frank H

Sent from Frank’s iPod

On Oct 3, 2013, at 5:45 AM, Walter Lee Davis email@hidden wrote:

They are positioning it as a competitor to iAd Producer (Apple Search Ads), which as a full desktop app has a lot more going for it than a Chrome Web app in a thin Mac OS wrapper.

Walter

On Oct 3, 2013, at 7:04 AM, Neil wrote:

I’ve only just noticed this so not sure how long its been around for, but out of the blue for me:

http://www.google.com/webdesigner/

Not so much an alternative to Freeway, more like Hype.

Neil.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options