Have-Host Closing

Hi All,

I have just had an email from James to say that he is closing down from the end of February.

I now have the task of finding a new hosting provider for my 2 reseller accounts that I run, preferably in the UK as contacting James did have it’s problems as he was in a different time zone.

I’ve had a look and there are quite a few out there…

The criterion I have is that they run Cpanel on linux servers with Web Host Manager, a band width of at least 15GB (on one of the accounts it’s using 10GB now, but will increase), unlimited MySql databases (5.5.45), php (5.4.33), ruby on rails etc…and, of course reasonably priced.

Your comments/thoughts/experiences will be useful in helping me make the right decision.

Thank you.

Steve.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

I’ve moved a few clients to A2 Hosting Hosting Website | 20X FASTER Web Hosting | WordPress Hosting (affiliate link) with good results, and I have used them myself for a couple projects. I’ve only used their shared plans but in my experience these have been the best run shared servers I’ve used to date. They also have some sreamin’ fast server options. I have no reason to think their reseller plans aren’t just as good.

They are based in Michigan but I believe they have a couple data-centers around the globe, one somewhere in Scandinavia, I think.

Todd


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Steve, I am in the same boat!
Who do you think you are going with?
I hear that iNeedwebhosting is very good for us FW users, but I contacted them twice and they never responded.

Stephen


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

That is surprising Steve(s).

I use INeedWebHosting for everything now and they’ve always been very quick to respond. David is also on this list, so he may see your comment here also.
Trev

On 8 Feb 2016, at 22:53, Stephen Thompson email@hidden wrote:

Hi Steve, I am in the same boat!
Who do you think you are going with?
I hear that iNeedwebhosting is very good for us FW users, but I contacted them twice and they never responded.

Stephen


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Do they have a support email or phone number I can call?

Best Regards,
Stephen J. Thompson

On Feb 9, 2016, at 3:45 AM, Trevor Reaveley email@hidden wrote:

That is surprising Steve(s).

I use INeedWebHosting for everything now and they’ve always been very quick to respond. David is also on this list, so he may see your comment here also.
Trev

On 8 Feb 2016, at 22:53, Stephen Thompson email@hidden wrote:

Hi Steve, I am in the same boat!
Who do you think you are going with?
I hear that iNeedwebhosting is very good for us FW users, but I contacted them twice and they never responded.

Stephen


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

http://www.ineedwebhosting.co.uk/web-hosting-support.html

Contact form and number on this page.

Trev

On 9 Feb 2016, at 11:29, Stephen Thompson email@hidden wrote:

Do they have a support email or phone number I can call?

Best Regards,
Stephen J. Thompson


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks Drive. Contacted them twice but they have not gotten back to me yet.

Best Regards,
Stephen J. Thompson

On Feb 9, 2016, at 7:37 AM, Trevor Reaveley email@hidden wrote:

http://www.ineedwebhosting.co.uk/web-hosting-support.html

Contact form and number on this page.

Trev

On 9 Feb 2016, at 11:29, Stephen Thompson email@hidden wrote:

Do they have a support email or phone number I can call?

Best Regards,
Stephen J. Thompson


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Please help me clarify:
A2 Hosting is almost $25/ month - http://prntscr.com/a0zoqr

iNeedWebhosting is only $25/ year: http://prntscr.com/a0zng9

Thanks


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Among other things I believe the A2 reseller plan uses very fast SSD drives and now offers PHP7. Generally speaking A2 might offer a slightly broader range of technical features/services, if that matters to you.

I have a couple clients on the Turbo servers and they are pretty damn quick for the most part.

Todd

Please help me clarify:
A2 Hosting is almost $25/ month - http://prntscr.com/a0zoqr

iNeedWebhosting is only $25/ year: http://prntscr.com/a0zng9


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Iv’e been looking for a cheap replacement that has ssh access.

Hostmonster, bluehost and justhost come up. In FireFox I can go to all three, but in Safari I get
Safari can’t establish a secure connection to the server …

??
Safari 5.1.10 (6534.59.10) under 10.6.8

David


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

These links might be helpful for y’all:

They are the only two reputable web hosting review websites that I know of. Most of the review websites are owned and operated by EIG, who also own most of the big-names in hosting. Definitely a conflict of interest!


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

I’ve been helping a charity move their site from Have Host. James has been helpful in providing all the info they needed including the authorisation code to release the domain name from GoDaddy (they want the name to go to the new host they have set up). However GoDaddy are now saying they won’t even talk to the volunteer who runs the site because they need a username and password.

Problem - Have Host was the client of GoDaddy not the charity, so all they have is the authorisation code. James and Have Host have now closed down so I’m not getting any replies.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be done next. They have already looked at registering a new name but a lot of people and groups use the site as it is now and currently the hosting has ended so nothing is now live.

Any ideas would be gratefully received, I’m out of my depth now with this!


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

I moved from Have-Host to A2 hosting, and have been very satisfied with the result. I had one site that James registered with Go Daddy, and also received an authorization code, which didn’t work. The solution was to create a separate go daddy account, and then have James authorize the change of registration from his account to the new one. You’ll have to contact James though.

Chris Rutkowski

Creative Director, LUNA Media
www.chrisrutkowski.com

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 3, 2016, at 4:27 PM, Jonathan Kearney email@hidden wrote:

I’ve been helping a charity move their site from Have Host. James has been helpful in providing all the info they needed including the authorisation code to release the domain name from GoDaddy (they want the name to go to the new host they have set up). However GoDaddy are now saying they won’t even talk to the volunteer who runs the site because they need a username and password.

Problem - Have Host was the client of GoDaddy not the charity, so all they have is the authorisation code. James and Have Host have now closed down so I’m not getting any replies.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be done next. They have already looked at registering a new name but a lot of people and groups use the site as it is now and currently the hosting has ended so nothing is now live.

Any ideas would be gratefully received, I’m out of my depth now with this!


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks Chris, that is really helpful, I will try that, just hope James isn’t on a beautiful beach just yet!


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Try him on James Wilkinson email@hidden and/or James Wilkinson
email@hidden

I too had to wait nearly a week for them to transfer a domain James had
registered for me.

I hope you get it all worked out.

Peter

Jonathan Kearney wrote:

I’ve been helping a charity move their site from Have Host. James has been helpful in providing all the info they needed including the authorisation code to release the domain name from GoDaddy (they want the name to go to the new host they have set up). However GoDaddy are now saying they won’t even talk to the volunteer who runs the site because they need a username and password.

Problem - Have Host was the client of GoDaddy not the charity, so all they have is the authorisation code. James and Have Host have now closed down so I’m not getting any replies.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be done next. They have already looked at registering a new name but a lot of people and groups use the site as it is now and currently the hosting has ended so nothing is now live.

Any ideas would be gratefully received, I’m out of my depth now with this!


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options


Best wishes Peter

Peter Tucker • Oxford, UK • email@hidden


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options