Hyperlink background colour

I have used the Links panel in the inspector to set the colours of my hyperlink in a CSS HTML item how I want them. All works fine but whenever I hover the mouse over the link in the browser, the text background changes to white. Is this a default behaviour and how can I change it? Any help appreciated.

I am using Freeway Pro 7.1 on a MacBook with OS X 10.10.3 and Safari 8.0.5

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

More important then your tech specs would be a link to a live example to investigate what’s going on.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Here it is:

www.aandj.dance

Thank you for your help.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

While you are looking could you also tell me why the links on the right hand side of the home page are in black? I expected them to be the same as the “contact us” towards the bottom of the left hand side (though this latter is red in Freeway preview and blue in the browser.) Sorry, this seems to have expanded into 3 questions!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

All works fine but whenever I hover the mouse over the link in the browser, the text background changes to white.

As Thomas says - a live link will help us to provide a proper answer rather than speculate as to why this might be happening.

It certainly isn’t default behaviour.

I have used the Links panel in the inspector

There is more than 1 option for this.

Open the Links panel with nothing on the page selected and you can style your Links page-wide.

Do the same with an html container selected and styling set will only affect links within that container.

In the Links panel there is also a More… button where you can dig deeper and add/change background colours etc.

Are you using a Template - if so then there may be other settings in the More section.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Yep - it is all as David already said.

As far as I’m oriented, a background on hover can only be applied by hitting “more” under the link style dialogue in inspector. Once opened the dialogue, select “hover” on the left. There must be under “character” a background-color applied.

If there are other ways to do, please teach me how!

The rest is as David explained.

I always start (even before turning text into a link) with the general page-wide link colors. Item-specific link-definitions only for dark backgrounds.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thomas and David, many thanks for your prompt assistance. I couldn’t see anything in the links panel that controlled background colour though I suppose at some stage I must have known about using the More button etc or how else could I have set it to white?!! Scanning down the nest of items revealed the culprit. Thanks once again.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden