I need to add a Calendar to Freeway

… adding a web calendar that I can include in an iframe in Freeway as a temporary measure until I transition the website to Xway.

The calendar has to be assessable by novice users and viewer need to be able to subscribe to them too.

Many thanks in advance.

Peter

What have you tried so far?

Also, what are the specifics of this calendar? Does it need to be updatable by multiple people? Can end-users add things to it, or does it need to be secure and “push-only”?

When you say people can subscribe, how are you imagining they might do that? RSS feed of events? Add it to their iCalendar-compatible personal calendar as a new source?

Walter

Hi Walter,

I’m just standing and on the very precipice of this project !!

You’ve asked pertinent questions which I will answer as best as I understand …

The purpose to carry the events at a local Folk Club, the updates would be possible to a small number of people.

Peter Tucker, Oxford UK - but mobile somewhere – iP-Pro

| Walter Davis waltd
October 1 |

• | - |

What have you tried so far?

Only Calendar on iPadOS. I did look in WHM/Softaculous but most seem to be a long-tine out-of-date!

Also, what are the specifics of this calendar? Does it need to be updatable by multiple people?

Not essential, but it might be useful! It could be through a login a U: & P:

Can end-users add things to it,

No not necessary

or does it need to be secure and “push-only”?

Yes secure is essential & Push-only

When you say people can subscribe, how are you imagining they might do that? RSS feed of events?

Yes that would work.
I have setup a “Public Calendar’ in Calendar on iPadOS [16.1-B], which is shareable as a WebCal:

webcal://p104-caldav.icloud.com/published/2/Mzg0NDkxMTIzODQ0OTExMt0FmAsOhnrLKwAdRaeoAqLwT0fXCkfYOpVQ0toiwRpI_dcokvUukBAofJyD7TCQDStNgTtiXoGvSFnltLX6Ros

It’s great for  based viewers, others such as PCs can also make sense of it. The other thing I would like to share the Calendar in a Freeway page using iFrame,

Add it to their iCalendar-compatible personal calendar as a new source?

That’s would be nice but not essential. However what would be nice is that when a change, such as personnel or Popstponement or Cancellation occurs a notification is added to the Calendar.

I just searched on the terms ‘embeddable gig calendar’, and there were some excellent options in the first three results. They all seem to be the sort of thing you could do in Freeway by drawing a box where you want it to appear, and then using a markup item inside that box to hold the JavaScript that they give you. I didn’t look at them in any depth, but that’s where I would start.

By the way, WebCal is an open standard, used by Google calendar, Microsoft’s calendar, and Apple Calendar. So you probably have more universal coverage than you expected!

Walter

Many thanks Walter, I’ll take a look in the morning …

Cheers P