iFrame Responsive width

Hello all,

Looking for some help with my site bkeggs.com - trying to create the mobile pages I’m having great results with the Fixed % setting except for my iFrames. They don’t seem to be reacting the same way to the breakpoints, causing all kinds of layout problems for my header section & making the iFrame unreadable.

I’ve tried versions of all of the Width settings (Fixed, Fixed %, Minimum %, Stretchy, etc) but none are giving me what I’m looking for which is an iFrame that is going to respond with breakpoints at 768, 480, 375, and 320 Widths, without disrupting the way the iFrame looks on my web version.

I have also tried to insert the iFrame as a Markup item to see if I could control the widths there with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! a link can be found here www.bkeggs.com (try it on your phone & you’ll see where I’m going with this)

www.bkeggs.com

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I’m having great results with the Fixed % setting except for my iFrames.

Can you be specific about a particular page/iframe

Certainly one that I looked at had a defined width.

It is not always possible to get an iframe to behave responsively depending on its set up/content.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Also remember, unless you control both the page with the iframe in it and the content page you are putting into that iframe, you may not get a responsive combination. The iframe is a frame, just as a browser window is a frame. It has not way of changing the responsiveness of its content.

Walter

On Feb 27, 2016, at 12:21 PM, DeltaDave email@hidden wrote:

I’m having great results with the Fixed % setting except for my iFrames.

Can you be specific about a particular page/iframe

Certainly one that I looked at had a defined width.

It is not always possible to get an iframe to behave responsively depending on its set up/content.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks for the feedback.

To be more specific, I was attempting to embed my tumblr blog into my responsive site using the iFrame action here: http://bkeggs.com/process.html

As I began the cascade I set the width of the iFrame to Fixed %, & it responds in Freeway, but the tumblr site is unresponsive to my attempt to force it into the iFrame when uploaded.

Walt - I did not understand that, but that makes a lot of sense considering what I’ve troubleshooted thus far. If that is the case I’ll have to either exclude or work around it.

Thanks again and any other suggestions to force the iFrame to respond to breakpoints are welcomed!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden