Image scaling / position

Hi All,

I’m trying to get my image to scale in height with the text next to it (in Backdraft). I’m setting the image as a background within a div that it positioned absolute (top & botton: 0), withing a wrapping div positioned relative.

Two things are happening

1. When I have the image set to float right (which is where I ideally want it), it appeares to the left over the text.

2. If I float image left and text right, I get the desired effect (albeit with the elements opposite to where I want them), but when I reach the break point the text drops behind the image instead of below it.

I guess that the image div is not recognised as having any content so is kind of ignored??

Obviously I’m going about this the wrong way - can anyone out there let me konw the correct way.

Thanks in advance. Steve

http://94.136.40.103/~cheaper-school-prospectus.co.uk/test/test.html

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Position absolute is absolute wrong!

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks for your reply Thomas,

OK - I remove position absolute and the div just disappears; as it actually has no content, just a background. How do I get the image to grow with the height of its wrapping div? If I use a flexible image it will scale but I need it to scale full height and not be constrained by the width. Setting as a background gives me the scaling im after.

The bottom example gives me exactly the right effect but at the breakpoint the text just shifts behind the image.

Cheers. Steve

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden