Image Search Help

So when our website launched it was at the beginning of the .com boom. Our images have always been at the very TOP of google with certain search terms.
I was trying to update our website (it was 12 years old) so I completely remade it with freeway and re-launched it.
This came at a HUGE cost. NONE of our pictures are showing up in google search. This is very majorly affecting our business. My boss is very upset that we switched to freeway in the first place.
We found out there was a 21 character limit on our site so I changed that and started re-loading all the pictures as ‘pass-through graphics’ with longer title names that-look-like-this-with-keywords-in-them.
It doesn’t seem to be helping.

Can I add Alt Text to ‘pass-through graphics’ AFTER they are imported? How do I do it?

How else can I make our images more noticeable in google images. We used to be the top! I thought this new site would help.
Let me know ANYTHING I can do.
Thank you so much.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

You have to remember that Google indexing or reindexing your site is not something that happens overnight - it can take weeks!

As far as SEO goes - did you make your new page file names exactly the same as the old ones. If not you have lost some SEO juice there.

Can I add Alt Text to ‘pass-through graphics’ AFTER they are imported? How do I do it?

Certainly. Select the item and look under the 3rd Tab in the inspector to find the Alt Text field. FW should have populated it with your file name text.

As far as your layout in FW goes you have numerous items called item1, item2, item3… - giving these meaningful names will also help.

You should also look through your previous web stats and see what search terms visitors have used before - and make sure that these appear on your pages.

But remember that above all things SEO is a moving target and it does take time to reap the rewards.

Personally I think that you will do better with Google if you have plenty of relevant text content within the scope of the search terms you wish to be found for.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Another thing to watch out for - spelling.

Not much point in having ‘large-daimond-four-strand-white-gold-ring’ as Alt text when someone does an image search for ‘diamond’

It may seem petty but it all adds up.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden