Inserting scripts from 3rd party

I have a hotel website who have signed up with a review management company - Customer Alliance

They have asked me to place a widget on the site and have sent me the following script.

(I am assuming that the widget looks like the one at the bottom of this page -
Customer Feedback Software | customer experience management )

I thought that this was a straightforward markup item - similar to others I have added to others sites such as booking calendars and Trip Advisor Awards.

However this one does not work.

I do note that other scripts I receive for putting on the site are preceded by <div id =……. <d/div> Is this my problem and should I be the one to create the div and if so how ?

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

It looks like the script creates its own elements, I had a quick look through it and it’s loaded with HTML that it injects into the page. I suspect that you may need to configure it somehow to tell it where to do the injecting, though. I would get in touch with the authors and ask them if there is any documentation on how to implement it. Good news is that it appears to be self-contained, no reference to jQuery or any other framework that would conflict with Freeway’s effects and Actions.

Walter

On Jun 9, 2017, at 4:48 AM, Richard Lowther email@hidden wrote:

I have a hotel website who have signed up with a review management company - Customer Alliance

They have asked me to place a widget on the site and have sent me the following script.

(I am assuming that the widget looks like the one at the bottom of this page -
Customer Feedback Software | customer experience management )

I thought that this was a straightforward markup item - similar to others I have added to others sites such as booking calendars and Trip Advisor Awards.

However this one does not work.

I do note that other scripts I receive for putting on the site are preceded by <div id =……. <d/div> Is this my problem and should I be the one to create the div and if so how ?

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Many thanks Walter - I have sent them a request.

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden