Intaglio vs. Intaglio tutorial

I just bought the Intaglio with Freeway Pro. I just started the tutorial – already it isn’t working. The tutorial said to create a black racetrack-shaped “lozenge.” OK. Duplicate the black racetrack so there are two, separate them a bit. OK. Then draw a gray rectangle over it, fill it with gray. OK. Then select both the new lozenge and the grey rectangle. There is no grey rectangle showing – on my screen or on the tutorial screen. The screen just shows the original black lozenge, then only the upper half of the new lozenge. There isn’t a grey rectangle anywhere. Then it says to “select both the new lozenge and the grey rectangle. Use the Objects>Paths>Intersect menu item to create a shape where the two objects overlap.” Nope. There is no grey rectangle. I have a full black lozenge, and the upper half of one. I can draw a big box around the half-lozenge, big enough to get the invisible and alleged grey rectangle. I follow the Objects>Paths>Intersect and click on it – and I still have one black lozenge and the top half of another one. The tutorial screen doesn’t show any grey rectangle either.

I had hoped it would take more than five minutes into Intaglio to get stumped.

Davidson

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Davidson.

Personally, I would just throw the manual out of the window, and learn from scratch. I remember both manuals being particularly bad! Intaglio is really easy to learn, just use the layers more, as these really help. Also you can’t click on a drawn rectangle, until it has been filled- you can click on the outline, but not inside- as you just deselect it that way. It’s a tad fiddly at first, but great once you stick with it.

hope that helps a bit?

Tom
On 19 Dec 2009, at 08:17, davidson loehr wrote:

I just bought the Intaglio with Freeway Pro. I just started the tutorial – already it isn’t working. The tutorial said to create a black racetrack-shaped “lozenge.” OK. Duplicate the black racetrack so there are two, separate them a bit. OK. Then draw a gray rectangle over it, fill it with gray. OK. Then select both the new lozenge and the grey rectangle. There is no grey rectangle showing – on my screen or on the tutorial screen. The screen just shows the original black lozenge, then only the upper half of the new lozenge. There isn’t a grey rectangle anywhere. Then it says to “select both the new lozenge and the grey rectangle. Use the Objects>Paths>Intersect menu item to create a shape where the two objects overlap.” Nope. There is no grey rectangle. I have a full black lozenge, and the upper half of one. I can draw a big box around the half-lozenge, big enough to get the invisible and alleged grey rectangle. I follow the Objects>Paths>Intersect and click on it
– and I still have one black lozenge and the top half of another one. The tutorial screen doesn’t show any grey rectangle either.

I had hoped it would take more than five minutes into Intaglio to get stumped.

Davidson

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

In message email@hidden
davidson loehr email@hidden wrote:

I just bought the Intaglio with Freeway Pro. I just started the tutorial
– already it isn’t working. The tutorial said to create a black
racetrack-shaped “lozenge.” OK. Duplicate the black racetrack so there are
two, separate them a bit. OK. Then draw a gray rectangle over it, fill it
with gray. OK. Then select both the new lozenge and the grey rectangle.
There is no grey rectangle showing – on my screen or on the tutorial
screen. The screen just shows the original black lozenge, then only the
upper half of the new lozenge. There isn’t a grey rectangle anywhere. Then
it says to “select both the new lozenge and the grey rectangle. Use the
Objects>Paths>Intersect menu item to create a shape where the two objects
overlap.” Nope. There is no grey rectangle. I have a full black lozenge,
and the upper half of one. I can draw a big box around the half-lozenge,
big enough to get the invisible and alleged grey rectangle. I follow the
Objects>Paths>Intersect and click on it – and I still have one black
lozenge and the top half of another one. The tutorial screen doesn’t show
any grey rectangle either.

I had hoped it would take more than five minutes into Intaglio to get
stumped.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Intaglio’s colour palette being
broken with Mac OS 10.6.x. It might explain why the same colour is missing
in two files.

A fix would be nice, as without Intaglio is a waste of disc space.

Fred

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden