Is Webyep dead for Freeway?

Position of webyep 2
it’s actually finished… yipppeeeeeeeeeeeee nearly 2.5 years of work and I have to say I am knackered!!!
I am creating the instructions at the moment which is different from the freeway based manuals. and I also need to update the freeway manual as well.

Quick round up of what’s new… EVERYTHING but here are the top 6 changes apart from the look…

1. The rich text editor (built in and with a file and image upload manager) there’s even support for Tinymce 4 and ckeditor as well, for those that prefer those systems.
  2. The gallery is now responsive . Theres a new element called webyep-markuptext.
  3. The Light boxes are built in and depending on which JS Frame work you wish to use the Lightbox element will use the appropriate type e.g. Mootools, jQuery and Scrity.
  4. The popup windows are now superseded with modal windows.
  5. The webyep menu has lots of improvements… e.g. you can now specify a direct url (no webyep document instance) via a checkbox.
  6. The long text box has a floating mini menu for things like links bold italic etc.

Onto of al that WebYep2 will have its own website (I was given permission by OBD to register the domain) and it will be on github as well for free minus the rich text editor which is commercial. That version will be available to buy and download from the new site

Anyway as you can see its loads and loads and loads of stuff and best of all it’s about as easy to use and implement into freeway I could possibly make it.

There are quite a few people who are testing it at the moment along with some Rapidweaver and pure hand coding people as well as freeway users and at the moment I haven’t really had anything that warrants stopping the launch…
when that will be will be down to how quickly I can finish off the supportive material… but I am trying to go as quickly as I can … honest!!! :o)

max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: