Is Webyep dead for Freeway?

I was trying to find out if I had the latest version of WebYep so went onto the ObDev website, this directed me to GitHub where RapidWeaver and Dreamweaver are mentioned but no sign of Freeway.
Is Freeway no longer supported by WebYep? Do we continue using our old versions?
Is there anything better out there?

Regards
Kevin

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

It’s very alive and kicking!

Received a Beta months ago which already worked perfect imho. This one is working perfectly on 2 live sites. Last week I received a new version for testing, but didn’t have time yet.

I don’t know when it will be officially declared “production stable”, but if WY worked for you in the past, my advise would be, hang in there a bit.

Max, and all of you I don’t know working on WY. Thanks so far for all your efforts!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yes, I was wondering what has happened with WP. I saw some screen shots of the Beta version a few months ago and thought it looked much slicker. Would be very keen to know when a full update will be released.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Position of webyep 2
it’s actually finished… yipppeeeeeeeeeeeee nearly 2.5 years of work and I have to say I am knackered!!!
I am creating the instructions at the moment which is different from the freeway based manuals. and I also need to update the freeway manual as well.

Quick round up of what’s new… EVERYTHING but here are the top 6 changes apart from the look…

1. The rich text editor (built in and with a file and image upload manager) there’s even support for Tinymce 4 and ckeditor as well, for those that prefer those systems.
  2. The gallery is now responsive . Theres a new element called webyep-markuptext.
  3. The Light boxes are built in and depending on which JS Frame work you wish to use the Lightbox element will use the appropriate type e.g. Mootools, jQuery and Scrity.
  4. The popup windows are now superseded with modal windows.
  5. The webyep menu has lots of improvements… e.g. you can now specify a direct url (no webyep document instance) via a checkbox.
  6. The long text box has a floating mini menu for things like links bold italic etc.

Onto of al that WebYep2 will have its own website (I was given permission by OBD to register the domain) and it will be on github as well for free minus the rich text editor which is commercial. That version will be available to buy and download from the new site

Anyway as you can see its loads and loads and loads of stuff and best of all it’s about as easy to use and implement into freeway I could possibly make it.

There are quite a few people who are testing it at the moment along with some Rapidweaver and pure hand coding people as well as freeway users and at the moment I haven’t really had anything that warrants stopping the launch…
when that will be will be down to how quickly I can finish off the supportive material… but I am trying to go as quickly as I can … honest!!! :o)

max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Congrats Max for this huge amount of work. I’ll be for sure having as well a decent look into it. And even if I won’t work with it anymore, I think I’ll purchase the “professional license” anyway. Because hard rocking amigos require support from all sides.

A dumb question:

Have you ever heard of making dropbox kind of php-ish? If not I have do dive in MAMP again - just to have a all available computer test-space kind of thing. And if you have some notes on this as well - would be superbe.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

do you mean have one central area where the freeway document and the published site resides so if you are working on a laptop and you then want switch over to a desktop mac you don’t need to move the document over and republish?

is that what you mean… if so it can be done via drop box

what you need to do is

1. set up a dropbox shared folder and lets call it: Project-1
  2. create a new Freeway document and save it to Project-1 on your mac.
  3. ALL assets that you want to import MUST BE in that Project-1
  4. The site folder MUST BE in Project-1
  5. If you are using MAMP or ideal MAMP Pro on multiple machines the point the it to the site folder within Project-1

You Need to set up the other mac so they can view and edit files on Project-1 but that it
you can now edit and publish from which ever machine and they will synchronise between macs

and if you are using WebYep then even that will work because its self contained and doesn’t use use MAMP’s own MySQL

I hope that’s what you mean

all the best max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Congrats Max for this huge amount of work.

I will second that. You are doing an awesome job Max and I am sure that even though it may not make you wealthy in financial terms it must give you so much satisfaction to be able to stand back and say “I made that!”

Brilliant.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Best Wishes to Max with WY2!

Max came to my rescue when I posted about the text editor in the old version. I got a test version and it worked right away. The overall feel is the same so it is easy to use and best still I can have a single element that will let a customer upload text, heading etc and upload images.

Great stuff Max - well worth the wait.

Looking forward the the full documentation with the official product to find out all about what it will do.

Trevor

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 7 Dec 2015, 4:23 pm, max wrote:

do you mean have one central area where the freeway document and the published site resides so if you are working on a laptop and you then want switch over to a desktop mac you don’t need to move the document over and republish?

Yep - this is it, nearby :slight_smile:

I assume, this method is for localhost dev only - cause I’m under the impression dropbox won’t display php per se, does it? Or is there something one could do?

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Dropbox won’t actually host PHP, as in interpret it and run it. For that you need to stand up a development server, either on a shared or virtual private server.

Walter

On Dec 7, 2015, at 4:21 PM, Thomas Kimmich email@hidden wrote:

On 7 Dec 2015, 4:23 pm, max wrote:

Yep - this is it, nearby :slight_smile:

I assume, this method is for localhost dev only - cause I’m under the impression dropbox won’t display php per se, does it? Or is there something one could do?

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

this method can be used by two different developers on two different networks so technically across the world

max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

if you are using dropbox then all its doing is storing the files from where any machine which has access can use them
the php is coming from MAMP on the actual macs

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

A standing ovation for Max and his hell of a job! :wink:

2015-12-07 22:25 GMT+01:00 max email@hidden:

if you are using dropbox then all its doing is storing the files from
where any machine which has access can use them
the php is coming from MAMP on the actual macs

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Great job Max! I can’t wait to try this out.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

This is where we need a ‘like’ button! As has been said previously Max, we all really appreciate what you do. Really looking forward to using this. Thank you.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

And can I just add - ‘WOOOOOP!’ (in a happy way)

Trev

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Really looking forward to using the new version Max. Any estimation on when it might be available?

I assume I can use the old version for the time being and that it will work on FW7 responsive sites…

Kevin

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi everyone
thanks for al the encouragement it is appreciated
As for launch date… I just don’t know, I am up to my neck in work at the moment, so that needs to come first but I hope its soon.
I will try to get some stuff sorted this weekend if I can, so people can see what it is looking like and I will also try to give a better estimate of when I think it will be ready for the general public as well

all the best Max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Can’t wait to try WY2 and especially the integrated filemanager I read about earlier.
Thanks Max for the tremendous amount of work you have put into this project once again.

regards,

Marcel

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

If I get a chance tonight I will post up a small recording with the system in action

kindest regards max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden