Is Webyep dead for Freeway?

Max…as a current WY user…not to echo everyone else, but THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Max, I can not wait :slight_smile:
Super!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hello Everyone,
does anyone know if there is any news regarding WebYep2?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

it’s done

well let me expand on that… it is done the webyep system 2 has been completed and so have the actions but at around december last year php7 was launched and although I haven’t seen any servers running php7 apart from things like MAMP. I thought it prudent to make the webyep-system php7 compatible… it has also has given me the opportunity to combine the german and english specific WY systems into one generic all encompassing system.

We are running through every items thats throwing up problems but I hope that will be done soon

speak soon max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks MAX! Looking forward to it!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

That’s great news, thanks Max for all of your work on this!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Wow, that’s great. Can’t wait :slight_smile:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

In the meantime, I am using 1.7.3 with Freeway 7. For some reason I can’t log on getting the message that username or password are incorrect. Is this an incompatibility or am I just being a numbskull?

Kev

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Kevin it sounds like you are doing something wrong.
the webyep system and freeway are actually completely separated and never interfere with each other. its the actions that insert the appropriate webyep php code on publish and then webyep populates those areas within the browser. Freeway’s out put doesn’t effect login.

if you could give me a url I can have a look to see how you have set it up

speak soon max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks Max, url is:
http://directpallets.com/testpage.php

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hey Kevin, did you set up your username and password in the config file, and then replace that file in the appropriate place on your server?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Steve
Yes did that.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Kevin
if you have used a text editor to adjust the config file rather than the config action which writes a new config file then most likely you have added curly quotes so check that first

e.g. make sue you are wrapping the name and password with this symbol

"

and use some thing like text wrangler or text mate or sublime and NOT apple textEdit to do the editing:

just make sure you haven’t added curly quotes
alternatively use the config writer action then you don’t need to worry about inserting wrong symbols

if it not that then send me your config file

speak soon max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I haven’t checked into Freewaytalk for a while and it’s so exciting to hear about the upcoming upgrade to WebYep/Freeway. Can’t wait. In the meantime, I’ve carried on successfully producing responsive sites using web yep and Max’s excellent extensions. (Like others I consider the chap a star for the excellent work he’s done and that I use on an ongoing basis)

In the meantime (and this may be of little use now that I know it’s going to be upgraded) but Max can I ask a question about Webyep menu. I’m puzzled as menu 6 got updated to version 7 and yet I have to revert back to version 6 as I have never been able to successfully style it using the page extension ‘Menu CSS styler’.
Am I missing something?
It’s not a problem as version 6 is doing a great job I’m just puzzled why I can’t style it and/or what they improvement were.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Max
Yes that did the trick, it was all down to those curly quotes. Many thanks for your help.
With regard the new improved WebYep, I would have no problem paying for it. Maybe you could produce a lite version for free to whet people’s appetites and a pro version with all the bells and whistles that have to be paid for. This might bring more new users on board - just a thought.

Kevin

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi frank I am not sure why the problems in 7 and the menu styling but if you want I can have look at a sample freeway document to see what may be causing the problem.

Kevin there will be two versions the free open source version of the webyep system and the payed for version which includes the commercial rich text editor and image / file upload system for the rich text editor. Any body who’s naught the system in the last year will get the upgrade for free. I hope every one is ok with that. Speak soon max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Max,
I have to start very soon a new project with webyep.
Have you any idee when the new webyep will be ready :slight_smile:
Best regards, erik form belgium

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Max
Thanks for offering to take a look, however, now knowing that there’s a new version coming out soon and with Version 6 fulfilling my current requirements I wouldn’t want to put you to the trouble.

On the following page (work in progress site) I’ve achieved the result by modifying css code and adding it to the ‘extra styles’ on the page extension ‘Menu CSS styler’

http://onceuponasong.co.uk/resp/about.php

I was just curious as to what features Version 7 offers over Version 6.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi erik contact me directly and I can see what I can do for you

Frank there are so many new features but basically building on whats already there…

But there is a brand new webyep action called webyep-markup-text which allows you to directly insert code into the pages so for example YouTube or Vimeo code. Obviously the biggest change is the visual look… it now looks like a modern system plus you now have the ability to choose between Mootools jQuery, Scritaculous as your js framework of choice within the config which triggers which lightbox is appropriate to be used. The gallery action output is is now div based rather than table based and its responsive.

There is also the redactor rich text editor installed and the file and image upload for the rich text editor with are all configured.

Some of the original actions also have had new elements added to them such as a small mini menu for the long text editor.

Finally loads of little improvements such as being able to create a non webyep generated specific link within the menu action.
Anyway as you can see the list goes on and on so I hope people will like the new system

max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

max,

If I want to use the CDN version of TinyMCE, or use a custom file manager like Responsive FileManager or elFinder is that possible? Or does it require hacking the system?

Todd

…and always RTFM

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden