Layouts not matching preview

Hi,
Can anybody tell me why after I have designed a page in Freeway Pro I come to preview what it will look like online and the reality is very different! Not just slightly out of line, but examples where I have placed boxes of text and images and displayed it really nicely, only to see the online version where all the items are on top of each other. Its hugely frustrating!!

Thanks in advance.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

If you can share a link to your online page and give us some idea of what isn’t correct we will be able to help.

Without that we can only speculate!

The first thing that I would ask is whether or not you have used an inline construction or not? Or did you simply ‘draw’ elements on the page.

And is the CSS Layout button ‘On’?

Inline construction with CSS on is the way to go for multi device compatibility.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks for the reply DeltaDave.

The url for the page in question is http://potstodoodledo.co.uk/news.html
I took a screen grab of the page I compiled and would be happy to email to you but can’t add it to this thread.

CSS Layout button is on, but I must admit I have never heard of ‘Inline Construction’ before.
I compile the page as you would a page in Indesign or Quark etc, as I am an artworker, not a web designer by trade. I don’t use Freeway every day and only use it to update a couple of websites.

In summary, I’m a bit of a Freeway Novice!

Best regards

Mike

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Your page is a mish mash mix of Absolute and Relatively positioned items.

In other words some items were created with the CSS layout button off and some with it on.

I suspect that you started this page with the button Off.

Go through your items on the page and see if the Layer checkbox is ticked or not - it should be.

Whichever item you applied the background image of radialglow3 to is the start of your problems.

Not helped by using gif text for your Menu - use the CSS Menu action instead.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Cheers Dave,
I’ll give it a go.

Mike

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden