Leading is too large

When I type in text that has multiple lines (due to word wrap), the leading—the space between lines—is too large. This is true even with “leading” set to zero in the Text inspector. Have others found this to be the case? Any workarounds?

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

With the text block selected, perform the following.
TEXT>Line Spacing>Other… enter 0.5 and click OK.
This operation establishes 0.5 as the benchmark for the line spacing in that selected text block. The text in the block will probably appear “crunched” but continue on.
With the text block still selected.
WINDOWS>Inspectors>Text The text inspector will appear. You will see the LEADING slide bar. It will show 0 and you can slide it to adjust the line spacing. Keep in mind that for this text block 0 is actually equal to 0.5 that you entered within the TEXT menu.
You may choose 0.75 as your benchmark - whatever rings your bell.
A copy of this text block will carry your new line spacing with it.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

I actually wanted to ask the same question. So thanks, amtravco :slight_smile:

The solution that you select is not a real answer to the problem, because the case is that ALL my text blocks tells me a leading value of -1 and when I click it, it turns to 0 and can afterwards only give me positive values. This is in an old drawing and I just do not get it. If I open a new document and make a text block, iy shows “0” and I cannot get the lines closer.

It used to be set at “0” with the little regulator in the middle.

It is not an acceptable solution to have to set the line spacing over and over again. To me it seems that the tool is corrupted.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks Jean for the hint. I’ve been trying to deal with the loss of leading adjustment when it disappeared a couple of versions ago. Never thought to go below “1” on line spacing.

Jack

J Evans Jennings Jr.
email@hidden

On Feb 14, 2017, at 2:06 PM, Jean Haydel email@hidden wrote:

With the text block selected, perform the following.
TEXT>Line Spacing>Other… enter 0.5 and click OK.
This operation establishes 0.5 as the benchmark for the line spacing in that selected text block. The text in the block will probably appear “crunched” but continue on.
With the text block still selected.
WINDOWS>Inspectors>Text The text inspector will appear. You will see the LEADING slide bar. It will show 0 and you can slide it to adjust the line spacing. Keep in mind that for this text block 0 is actually equal to 0.5 that you entered within the TEXT menu.
You may choose 0.75 as your benchmark - whatever rings your bell.
A copy of this text block will carry your new line spacing with it.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options