What the Action can do: This Action lets you do the following:
- It lets you apply a blur effect which looks like a motion blur.
- Enabled: This option is checked by default. When checked you will see a live preview of the effects applied when options are used in the Actions palette. To see a "before and after" of the original image (with and without the Action applied), switch the Enabled option on and off. Remember to leave it checked when you have finished.
- Type: This popup lets you choose the direct of the motion blur effect (choose from "Left to Right", "Right to Left", "Up" and "Down".
- Left: This slider (and value field) lets you control the amount of blur in the chosen direction.
- Apply to Alpha Channel: The default is for this option to be switched off, which means that the motion blur effect when used on an imported graphic with an "alpha channel" (such as a PNG-24 cut-out image with a transparent background) will finish where the alpha channel begins. Check this option if you wish to use the motion blur effect beyond the edge of a cut-out image.