Mac Mojave

Is Exhibio 2 compatible with Mac Mojave?

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I’ve been wondering that, too. I have an alphabetically sorted file of .JPG images that I exported to a . exhibeo file and then uploaded it in Exhibeo2 to an html file. The resulting image file is NOT in the same order. I can’t figure out what’s happening.
When I was using HighSierra before “upgrading” to Mojave, my html image file was in the same order as my original file.
This is a major problem for me. How can I get my html file to come out in the same order as my original .JPG file??

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

What theme are you using?

I’m not using Mojave yet, but I can’t imagine why Exhibeo’s HTML export would behave differently.

Are you saying that the images appear in alphabetical order within Exhibeo, but they are in a different order in your HTML export files?

Jeremy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Hi, Jeremy,
We’re using PhotoSwipe.

What I’m saying is, since using Mojave, the import function into Exhibeo (which has 0 or 1 images in it) reorders my properly sorted alphanumeric file into a randomly sorted file; the export function maintains this same random sort with the HTML files. Any help you can give me will be wonderful!!!

Thanks,
Joanne Madison

PS. FYI, here’s the DETAIL of my procedures.
All the images in my “starter” file are in numeric/alpha order and are loaded manually. I delete all but the first image in my old correctly sorted Exhibeo. Since Mojave, If I import that “starter" file into Exhibeo, the images end up in some random order (not in created order, not in modified order, not in any order I can figure out); the metadata file is in that same random order. If I run the export into HTML, the HTML files are in the same random order.

Pre-Mojave, the files were imported into Exhibeo in the same order as my “starter” file and exported to HTML in the same order.

We use Exhibeo to list “fliers” in an online Bulletin Board (BB), the first 2/3rds are in numbers order and the last half is alphabetical. Depending on the day, we have 95 to 140 images in the BB. We update it every day except Sat, Sun and certain holidays.

Since this problem started, I have been loading my starter file with the images (which automatically sort into their proper places and deleting “expired” ones. Then I copy or drag each new image into its correct location into my correctly sorted Exhibeo file; I’ve always started with a correctly sorted Exhibeo file (usually just renaming a previous correct Exhibeo file). Then I run the export to HTML and they’re in perfect order.

On Nov 12, 2018, at 1:16 PM, Jeremy Hughes email@hidden wrote:

What theme are you using?

I’m not using Mojave yet, but I can’t imagine why Exhibeo’s HTML export would behave differently.

Are you saying that the images appear in alphabetical order within Exhibeo, but they are in a different order in your HTML export files?

Jeremy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Joanne,

What I’m saying is, since using Mojave, the import function into Exhibeo (which has 0 or 1 images in it) reorders my properly sorted alphanumeric file into a randomly sorted file; the export function maintains this same random sort with the HTML files. Any help you can give me will be wonderful!!!

So the problem is that the images aren’t being imported into Exhibeo in alphanumeric order?

Are you importing the images by clicking on “Import Images” in the toolbar and then choosing the images from the file dialog (sorted by Name)?

If so, then one possibility is that this is a bug in Mojave - you could test this by importing images into another application and seeing if the same problem happens. E.g. Open Preview.app, select Open from the File menu, and choose multiple images that are listed in alphanumeric order. Do they appear in alphanumeric order in Preview?

The next thing to try would be to see what happens if you drag the images into Exhibeo:

1. Open a folder containing the images (in Finder)
  2. Make sure the images are listed alphabetically
  3. Drag them onto the Exhibeo window

If you do this, are they imported in alphanumeric order?

Jeremy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

HI, Jeremy,

To import the files, I click on “Import Images” and click on the name of the file containing the alphabetized images and then click on “OPEN”, so I can import all the images in the file at once. When I click on “OPEN", all the images are imported into the Exhibeo file in random order.

Just now, I started a new Exhibeo file and dragged over groups of files from my source file; but I dragged the groups in order. The files in the Exhibeo files were then in the order I wanted. Then I exported to HTML and they were is the correct order there.

I also started another new Exhibeo file (#3) and dragged over groups of files, where the groups were not sequential to other groups. Then ran the export to HTML and the images were in correct order!!! I did this with another new Exibeo file (#5) and dragged groups of files from my source, in no particular order and even inserted 1 group among files I had earlier dragged; this time I had about 120 images — and the HTML image file had them all in the correct order!!!

This is WEIRD!!!; If I drag from my source file to an Exhibeo file, the HTMLs are in the correct order but if I open a file of images into an Exhibeo file, the order is random! In High Sierra, if I opened a file of images into an Exhibeo, they were sorted properly!

I guess dragging groups from my source file into my Exhibeo file would be easier than dragging individual files, especially when I might have 19 images to drag!

Sorry that it’s been like pulling teeth to get info from me!

On Nov 12, 2018, at 4:10 PM, Jeremy Hughes email@hidden wrote:

Hi Joanne,

So the problem is that the images aren’t being imported into Exhibeo in alphanumeric order?

Are you importing the images by clicking on “Import Images” in the toolbar and then choosing the images from the file dialog (sorted by Name)?

If so, then one possibility is that this is a bug in Mojave - you could test this by importing images into another application and seeing if the same problem happens. E.g. Open Preview.app, select Open from the File menu, and choose multiple images that are listed in alphanumeric order. Do they appear in alphanumeric order in Preview?

The next thing to try would be to see what happens if you drag the images into Exhibeo:

1. Open a folder containing the images (in Finder)
  2. Make sure the images are listed alphabetically
  3. Drag them onto the Exhibeo window

If you do this, are they imported in alphanumeric order?

Jeremy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Joanne,

I think you mean “folder” rather than “file” when you say “click on the name of the file containing the alphabetized images”.

Dragging doesn’t use a file dialog, so it goes through different code (in the system and in Exhibeo). My guess is that this is a system (Mojave) bug rather than an Exhibeo bug. One way to test this would be to try opening multiple files in Apple’s Preview.app and see if that has the same problem.

It’s good to know that dragging is an effective workaround. You can also reorder images (in Exhibeo) after they’ve been imported, but that’s obviously less convenient than having them in the correct order to begin with.

Jeremy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Hi, Jeremy,
You’re right that I meant folder. Sometimes you just can’t think of the right word —Senior moments!

When I open multiple files from a source folder in Preview, they don’t open in the same order as they’re in the folder. I’m not sure they ever did.

A short while ago I created my Bulletin Board Exhibeo folder by dragging in the files — all stayed in order; the related HTML files were also in order!

Thanks for all your patience with me.
Joanne

On Nov 12, 2018, at 7:13 PM, Jeremy Hughes email@hidden wrote:

Hi Joanne,

I think you mean “folder” rather than “file” when you say “click on the name of the file containing the alphabetized images”.

Dragging doesn’t use a file dialog, so it goes through different code (in the system and in Exhibeo). My guess is that this is a system (Mojave) bug rather than an Exhibeo bug. One way to test this would be to try opening multiple files in Apple’s Preview.app and see if that has the same problem.

It’s good to know that dragging is an effective workaround. You can also reorder images (in Exhibeo) after they’ve been imported, but that’s obviously less convenient than having them in the correct order to begin with.

Jeremy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Joanne,

When I open multiple files from a source folder in Preview, they don’t open in the same order as they’re in the folder. I’m not sure they ever did.

Thanks for testing this. Preview.app opens files in the correct order in High Sierra, so this looks like it is a bug in Mojave.

I tend to hold off from installing a new version of macOS until Apple have had time to fix some of the bugs that they didn’t manage to find during beta testing…

Jeremy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

HI, Jeremy,

Last night I was wondering if it was related to Mojave being 64 bit and Exhibeo not, but just checking now, Exhibeo 2.0.3 is also 64 bit.

I guess Apple can’t test every single app out there. I’ll have to notify them about this. Just another thing on an unending to do list.:frowning:

Enjoy the rest of your week and thanks again for helping me through all this.
Joanne

On Nov 13, 2018, at 6:25 AM, Jeremy Hughes email@hidden wrote:

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for testing this. Preview.app opens files in the correct order in High Sierra, so this looks like it is a bug in Mojave.

I tend to hold off from installing a new version of macOS until Apple have had time to fix some of the bugs that they didn’t manage to find during beta testing…

Jeremy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden