mals ecommerce action

I recently opened a FW5 site I did some years ago where I used the mals shopping cart. Freeway opened the document in Freeway 7.1.4 and it works fine. When I save and quit that design and go back to the site I was working in, the action is gone.
Is there some way to move the action so that it will still be available? My account with Mals is still open .
I’m stumped!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Did you use the original (Tim Plumb) action to build the site, or the “lite” version that was bundled in with Freeway? If the latter, then I don’t have a good explanation. If the former, then you will need to download and install the Action into your copy of Freeway. A good way to figure this out is to open the document in Freeway 7.1.4, then look in the Edit / Actions dialog and locate the Mals Cart Action, and see if it is listed in the “Actions from this Document” section or not. See what version of the Action is in use, too.

Walter

On Jan 6, 2018, at 1:54 PM, Chod Lang email@hidden wrote:

I recently opened a FW5 site I did some years ago where I used the mals shopping cart. Freeway opened the document in Freeway 7.1.4 and it works fine. When I save and quit that design and go back to the site I was working in, the action is gone.
Is there some way to move the action so that it will still be available? My account with Mals is still open .
I’m stumped!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Under “Actions in Document” there are 5 actions: Mal’s Buy Button, Mal’s Buy For Setup; Mal’s Text Link; Mal’s Multiprice Select; and Mal’s Review art Text Link.

It was 2005 when I built this and if memory serves I did buy the action.
OTOH, the action symbol doesn’t appear before the name “Mal’s” , just listed as “item” or “object”.

So just to try and be clear without being able to show the Edit Action Box – Actions in Document appear at the top of the list and the Mal’s Item are indented below.
Following that is a blue folder for “Application” , then in indented FAST folder in blue with all the other Action Blue folders listed beneath.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

That means you will need to install the Actions in your current version of Freeway. I don’t have that version of Freeway installed here, and I don’t recall where it saves its actions, but if you can find an Actions Folder somewhere on your Mac (may be in the same parent folder as the Freeway application, may be in ~/Library/Application Support) then you can simply copy the file(s) from there and move them to the Desktop, then drag them over the Freeway icon in the dock while Freeway is running. That will re-install them. Alternatively, write to Tim Plumb at http://freewayactions.com and get a new (maybe updated) copy of the Actions. Install that in the same manner. You should only have one version installed at any one time, though, so don’t do both.

Walter

On Jan 7, 2018, at 2:40 PM, Chod Lang email@hidden wrote:

Under “Actions in Document” there are 5 actions: Mal’s Buy Button, Mal’s Buy For Setup; Mal’s Text Link; Mal’s Multiprice Select; and Mal’s Review art Text Link.

It was 2005 when I built this and if memory serves I did buy the action.
OTOH, the action symbol doesn’t appear before the name “Mal’s” , just listed as “item” or “object”.

So just to try and be clear without being able to show the Edit Action Box – Actions in Document appear at the top of the list and the Mal’s Item are indented below.
Following that is a blue folder for “Application” , then in indented FAST folder in blue with all the other Action Blue folders listed beneath.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hello again Walter.
I found the answer to my Freeway/Mals problem in a 2009 response from you in the Actions Dev Talk. Your explanation of the package contents like a “Russian nesting doll” was the answer. That’s where I found the Freeway Shop action I was looking for.
Very happy this forum stays alive.

All the best.
Chod Lang

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden