Maximum iOS Version for 5.5 ?!?

I have an OLD MacPro from 2005 or so. It is running Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

I’m successfully running Freeway 5.5 and have for years. Everything works great. Problem is, my OS is so old now, I can’t even get Gmail anymore because I can’t upgrade my Safari, Firefox or Chrome browser. I’m worried about upgrading my iOS for fear of losing functionality of 5.5. I host 25 websites built with 5.5 and can’t lose functionality, obviously.

Does anyone definitively know when or if 5.5 becomes unusable with any particular iOS version?

Thank you kindly.
…LONG time Freeway user.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Freeway 5.5 will run on any version of macOS up to and including Mojave (10.14).

It won’t run on Catalina or later versions of macOS, because Apple have dropped support for 32-bit applications. However, it’s possible to run Mojave under Catalina within a VM (virtual machine) such as VMWare Fusion or Desktop Parallels. There is a TidBITs article that explains how to do this:

We are developing Xway as a 64-bit successor to Freeway:

https://www.softpress.com/xway/

Eventually we plan to add the ability for Xway to import Freeway documents, but it’s going to take us a while to get to that point. We’re currently working on core functionality.

Jeremy

On 24 Aug 2020, at 15:15, J Parsons email@hidden wrote:

I have an OLD MacPro from 2005 or so. It is running Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

I’m successfully running Freeway 5.5 and have for years. Everything works great. Problem is, my OS is so old now, I can’t even get Gmail anymore because I can’t upgrade my Safari, Firefox or Chrome browser. I’m worried about upgrading my iOS for fear of losing functionality of 5.5. I host 25 websites built with 5.5 and can’t lose functionality, obviously.

Does anyone definitively know when or if 5.5 becomes unusable with any particular iOS version?

Thank you kindly.
…LONG time Freeway user.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options