Missing Resources

I am trying to establish the rules about changing the name and/or location of files that Freeway uses.

I recently had to do some Finder housekeeping but first I tested what was possible by changing one or two files names and locations. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Freeway mapped itself to the new files when republishing.

However, after some more extensive moving and renaming of files, I found many files now :“Missing” and had the laborious job of Locating them again.

Could some explain what’s possible. Incidentally, I know I should keep the files in one place, e.g. the media folder, but this is a large documentary archive and the files are need for be arranged and used for other purposes.

Two more related issues:

1. Technically what does it mean if the Resources show a file is “Modified”?
  2. If I can only locate a file in the Site Folder/Resources should I try to re-link it to the original file/image.

Thank you.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

When looking for your resources (in order to re-link them), just use the search field in order to locate them …

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I know I should keep the files in one place, e.g. the media folder, but this is a large documentary archive and the files are need for be arranged and used for other purposes.

A simple way of doing this is to place a copy of all the files you actually use in the Site in the Media folder - that way the originals remain untouched.

Only import from the Media folder and then you dont need to concern yourself about the Archive.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options