Move Intaglio documents to older version

I would like to transfer Intaglio documents made with a newer version to an older one. This is because I find the older version significantly less buggy, while the newer frequently crashes. However, this isn’t even possible by copying from one and pasting to the other! Is there any better way than printing one page at a time to PDF?

To be precise, the buggy version was 3.9, and yes, I have updated it to 3.9.4, but the old 3.4.4 i still the reliable and stable version that I feel that I can trust until test with 3.9.4 shows that it is actually better. And even then, 3.4.4 is my “backdoor version” that I know I can rely on.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Since this message was totally ignored, I take the liberty to say more about this major annoyance.

Intaglio, which is otherwise a very good program, has a major flaw: IT WILL CHANGE THE FILE I OPEN EVEN IF I HAVN’T SAVED!!!

This is a BIG bug! In all other programs, I can open document, edit it, and then save-as to a new document. With Intaglio, I will find my old document ruined!

Today, I accidentally opened a document in Intaglio 3.9, which immediately made it impossible to open it in 3.4.4 again. No warnings, no save-as option, just wreck it!

I have now gone through save to PDF from 3.9, import to 3.4.4, edit to managable state again… a bit too many times! Doing it for the same document over again because of this major bug is NOT good!

Now 3.9 is deleted from my hard drive and I can’t see myself upgrading again in the foreseeable future. But 3.4.4 will be used daily.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

…and that was a suggestion for improvement that is relevant for future versions. A new version that doesn’t change the documents before I say it should, that would be a good behavior that would feel safer to upgrade to.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

On , at 2016 Sep 7,7:17 AM, Ingemar Ragnemalm wrote:

…and that was a suggestion for improvement that is relevant for future versions. A new version that doesn’t change the documents before I say it should, that would be a good behavior that would feel safer to upgrade to.

Even though I am still on 3.4.4 under 10.6.8 with no intention of upgrading anything in the foreseeable future, I fully agree:

1. I believe that making an irreversible change without giving the user the chance to bail out is absolutely and totally “un-Mac” and so I would think it is a mistake.

2. I would write Nick Nallick who probably does not read this list that often anymore and is probably unaware of this most unfortunate feature.

Regards
–schremmer

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options