Moving FW7 to a new Mac

I’ve moved to a new install on my Mac and have simply copied FW7 and library folders across. The number that I believe to be my serial number is being declared as invalid in the registration box.

I have a copy of my original purchase receipt from FastSpring which has the purchase number on it, which I believed to be my serial … am I mistaken?

Alternatively, does anyone know what library files/folders are required to be moved across in order for FW to operate as before?

Many thanks …

(Can’t help thinking that this forum should be morphing into something new and more general. So many good people on here).

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I have a copy of my original purchase receipt from FastSpring which has the purchase number on it, which I believed to be my serial … am I mistaken?

Probably.

Serial# should start FP70 and be a hyphen separated string of 33 characters.

I use Migration Assistant to move apps over.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

If you registered your serial number with Softpress, then any e-mail you send to support(a)softpress.com will have your serial numbers in the footer of that auto-reply you get from their server telling you they have gone out of business.

Walter

On Nov 10, 2016, at 9:07 AM, grantsymon email@hidden wrote:

I’ve moved to a new install on my Mac and have simply copied FW7 and library folders across. The number that I believe to be my serial number is being declared as invalid in the registration box.

Alternatively, does anyone know what library files/folders are required to be moved across in order for FW to operate as before?

Many thanks …

(Can’t help thinking that this forum should be morphing into something new and more general. So many good people on here).

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks guys.

Very strange. Going through my Time Machine backup, I don’t appear to have received a sales receipt. I’m not sure how I got/entered the activation code, but in the 3 or 4 support exchanges with Softpress support, I had been entering my order number, thinking it was my serial and which they didn’t seem to mind about.

I did make a copy of a receipt, sadly it was my FW6 receipt instead of FW7. Sigh. Worse, I don’t think I registered, because I have no email confirming that either and anyway, the support address no longer works.

So, assuming there is no way to get my activation code via my order number …

I’m now down to trying to move my existing copy across from the old install. Can anyone tell me what Library folders/files I need to move? I don’t want to move via Migration Assistant, as that moves everything, which is exactly what I want to avoid.

However, I’m curious if I can move it via Time Machine … but this is a can of worms. It means associating the old Time Machine with the new install, which means it is going to do its auto-backup and I’m concerned that it will start to remove stuff and then be unusable with the old install (on a separate HD).

Does anyone know if Restoring an application via Time Machine, will restore the entire thing and all associated files? I’ve read that if it is a ‘Drag and Drop’ install, then it will include all files … I can’t remember what sort of install FW7 was/is. Can anyone tell me if it is Drag and Drop, or via the Installer?

Bugger. :frowning:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Of course, any way to recover my Activation Code (Serial Number) either from my installation or from my Order Number would be preferable. :neutral_face:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

As Walter said…

"send an email to email@hidden the auto-reply will have your serial numbers in the footer email”

David Owen

Creative Design | Print Production | Web Design & Strategy | Domains & Web Hosting

On 11 Nov 2016, at 12:41, grantsymon email@hidden wrote:

Of course, any way to recover my Activation Code (Serial Number) either from my installation or from my Order Number would be preferable. :neutral_face:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

First thing I tried David.

I sent emails from both my addresses that I’ve used with Softpress and sadly I have received a reply from neither.

So it looks like that service is gone. (Maybe someone could check?)

:frowning:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hmmm… Possibly the autoresponder might have stopped working for what ever reason if left unattended. It worked for me back in August. I just tested again with nothing back, yet.

I’m afraid we’re all witnessing a slow death.

David Owen

On 11 Nov 2016, at 15:59, grantsymon email@hidden wrote:

First thing I tried David.

I sent emails from both my addresses that I’ve used with Softpress and sadly I have received a reply from neither.

So it looks like that service is gone. (Maybe someone could check?)

:frowning:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

And with each month any possible value that Freeway has is diminishing as the user base fragments to various alternatives which is a great shame.

All the best

Gordon
http://www.gordonlow.net/

On 11 Nov 2016, at 4:41pm, David Owen email@hidden wrote:

I’m afraid we’re all witnessing a slow death.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden