Moving FW7 to a new Mac

Thanks guys.

Very strange. Going through my Time Machine backup, I don’t appear to have received a sales receipt. I’m not sure how I got/entered the activation code, but in the 3 or 4 support exchanges with Softpress support, I had been entering my order number, thinking it was my serial and which they didn’t seem to mind about.

I did make a copy of a receipt, sadly it was my FW6 receipt instead of FW7. Sigh. Worse, I don’t think I registered, because I have no email confirming that either and anyway, the support address no longer works.

So, assuming there is no way to get my activation code via my order number …

I’m now down to trying to move my existing copy across from the old install. Can anyone tell me what Library folders/files I need to move? I don’t want to move via Migration Assistant, as that moves everything, which is exactly what I want to avoid.

However, I’m curious if I can move it via Time Machine … but this is a can of worms. It means associating the old Time Machine with the new install, which means it is going to do its auto-backup and I’m concerned that it will start to remove stuff and then be unusable with the old install (on a separate HD).

Does anyone know if Restoring an application via Time Machine, will restore the entire thing and all associated files? I’ve read that if it is a ‘Drag and Drop’ install, then it will include all files … I can’t remember what sort of install FW7 was/is. Can anyone tell me if it is Drag and Drop, or via the Installer?

Bugger. :frowning:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: