Moving FW7 to a new Mac

I know. But it’s likely that there were ugly “Lawyers, Investors, and Fiduciary Responsibility Clauses” reasons why the impending doom could not be mentioned in public. I didn’t know beforehand, and I have been so “inside” there for so very long that it’s not funny. Without putting the word out to rally the troops, there was no way to do anything to capture and leverage that goodwill.

And of course after the fact, they are still (apparently) in a position where they can’t say or do much until all the dust has settled, legally speaking.

Brexit, and the UK market crash and tightening of purse-strings that followed, could not have helped their short term position any, either.

Softpress weathered the last two crashes pretty well, but definitely on a skeleton crew both times. The Softpress I knew in 1998-9 was well staffed and putting out releases very regularly. They were also (I believe) burning investor cash to stay at that level. They never really got back up to that level, but their competition in places is even smaller, so staff and financial resources aren’t the whole story – they never are.

Walter

On Nov 23, 2016, at 2:19 PM, D. Howard via freewaytalk email@hidden wrote:

Yes it’s hard to believe that the goodwill and sheer fandom of Freeway could not /has not been leveraged. Most companies would kill for that. Not something that can be easily bought via advertising.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hmmm… Possibly the autoresponder might have stopped working for what ever reason if left unattended. It worked for me back in August. I just tested again with nothing back, yet.

I’m afraid we’re all witnessing a slow death.

Just for giggles I tried it - and nothing. It’s gone. Luckily I keep all my serials and licenses in a spreadsheet and also in 1 Password. :slight_smile:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I upgraded my Mac laptop to their new one and used the ‘migration assistant’ to do so. Now when I open a website on Freeway, it states that I am unauthorized to write or save changes to them What am I to do?

If nothing can be done, Is there another software program that is somewhat compatible with Freeway?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Go to softpress.com. You can download Freeway and their other apps from there. It is my understanding that once Richard and Joe closed up shop the apps are now free installs.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Not so. The downloads are the same as they ever were – 30-day time-bomb, and the same binary can be unlocked by a serial number, which you cannot buy at the moment. When Softpress settles their legal issues, their successor will be able to sell serial numbers again, but at the moment, it would be illegal for anyone to sell you one.

Walter

On Jan 19, 2017, at 4:24 PM, Trey Yancy email@hidden wrote:

Go to softpress.com. You can download Freeway and their other apps from there. It is my understanding that once Richard and Joe closed up shop the apps are now free installs.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 20 Jan 2017, 1:53 am, waltd wrote:

When Softpress settles their legal issues, their successor will be able to sell serial numbers again

Walter

Interesting. I love the use of the word ‘when’!

Hoping that by doing nothing to move to another app … I maybe won’t have to. :slight_smile:

(Kind of doing the same thing with Aperture, where some new things are starting to appear, one of them, amazingly, created by Apple’s own Aperture lead engineer, who has left Apple and has just launched an impressive raw editor … hopefully DAM to follow.)

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden