Nested site folders

Two issues here. I don’t know if they’re related or not.

I added a couple of pages to an existing site that’s been functioning fairly well. My home page contains image links to the various pages. It looks fine in Preview mode, but for some reason, one of the new image link will not show up. Safari, Chrome, Firefox, all the same.

I started to work backwards and found, for reasons I can’t fathom, three nested Site folders. All three contain the new files, but only the top level seems to have an updated index.html file. But even so, uploading that file to the web directory has no effect on the missing link.

Thoughts?

UPDATE:
On closer examination, the nested folders go on forever, like Russian nesting dolls from hell. Every nested folder contains yet another folder, ad infinitum.

Hi Crawford,

The nested Site folders problem is pretty strange. I think the first thing I would do is to use Disk Utility (in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder) to check that you don’t have a disk problem. If that’s OK, delete the first nested Site folder, but keep an eye out for whether this happens again (e.g. after uploading).

As for the link not working, could you post a link to the page where this happens?

I deleted the nested site folder(s), republished, deleted all my files from the server and uploaded everything again. Worked like a charm.

Thanks