Never Install a CMS Again?

Chucka said:

it modifies the html outside of Freeway. No?

Strictly speaking no. It does not alter the FW output HTML code. It uses a PHP include to insert whatever HTML you have created in Pulse into your PHP placeholder in the FW doc.

The Pulse HTML files are stored separately in the Blocks folder within Pulse itself - kept distinct from your FW created HTML files.

Jacob said:

How do you embed the blocks at specific locations on the page?

Insert>Markup item

This will place a 100px square markup container on your page into which you paste the Pulse generated code for the ‘Block’ you have created ie. (This Markup item can be resized and placed anywhere on your FW page.)

<?php include("pulse/blocks/test.html"); ?>

Does that help - a FW example can be provided if you need it.

David


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

That does help. I was using the HTML Markup command. Insert>Markup
item made the difference.

Thanks again,
Jacob

On Nov 4, 2009, at 3:25 AM, DeltaDave wrote:

Chucka said:

it modifies the html outside of Freeway. No?

Strictly speaking no. It does not alter the FW output HTML code. It
uses a PHP include to insert whatever HTML you have created in
Pulse into your PHP placeholder in the FW doc.

The Pulse HTML files are stored separately in the Blocks folder
within Pulse itself - kept distinct from your FW created HTML files.

Jacob said:

How do you embed the blocks at specific locations on the page?

Insert>Markup item

This will place a 100px square markup container on your page into
which you paste the Pulse generated code for the ‘Block’ you have
created ie. (This Markup item can be resized and placed anywhere on
your FW page.)

<?php include("pulse/blocks/test.html"); ?>

Does that help - a FW example can be provided if you need it.

David


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Strictly speaking no. It does not alter the FW output HTML code. It uses a PHP include to insert whatever HTML you have created in Pulse into your PHP placeholder in the FW doc.

Ah, ok. That sounds very much like WebYep then in that regard.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Yes it’s very much like WY.

As it works like an include you can then create a separate Pulse Block for things like a footer or any other instance that is on multiple pages but you only update it once in the Pulse Block.

Marcel


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thanks for the info. I just PulseCMS with good results.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Can you create single line includes with PulseCMS? Say you if you
need only a single line or small amount of “un-styled” text to
include? Where to don’t need the full text editor. I’m not sure you
can for the moment.

David

On 4 Nov 2009, at 17:13, Helveticus wrote:

As it works like an include you can then create a separate Pulse
Block for things like a footer or any other instance that is on
multiple pages but you only update it once in the Pulse Block.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On 5 Nov 2009, 9:30 am, David Owen wrote:

Can you create single line includes with PulseCMS? Say you if you
need only a single line or small amount of “un-styled” text to
include? Where to don’t need the full text editor. I’m not sure you
can for the moment.

That’s the way it looks to me. Very much like Mini CMS in that a single element can contain any kind of content without control over what that content is.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Emil,

On the page lime site, features page, the ‘find out more’ button for Integrate Quickly doesn’t give me anything? Takes me to a page (broken in Camino, a load of stuff off page to right?) where there simply isn’t any content?

Similarly, all that stuff in the black band at the bottom of the page is broken in Camino.

(ps. links in black band on documentation pages are unreadable…blue on black, tut tut…!)

regards
Hugh


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Hugh,

It should take you to the demo video:
http://www.pagelime.com/about/demo-video/

I’m not sure why it’s broken in Camino. I’ll take a look at it.

Yeah - our documentation is a wiki that sometimes gets styles overwritten when we do an update. :slight_smile: Tom’s working on an overhauled documentation site, that’s a bit more linear and user friendly.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

BTW. I’ve seen all these posts about PulseCMS and includes. You can use includes with PageLime without any setup at all… PageLime just figures it out:

http://blog.pagelime.com/2009/09/16/new-labs-feature-auto-publish-server-side-includes/

Also, while you’re at it :slight_smile: - take a look at our little youtube video (voiceover by our intern) of managing a lightbox gallery with PageLime:


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

OK, thanks Emil.

Could I just make a small suggestion?..criticism?..

The world and his wife seeming to be putting videos up these days. All very well and good, but they don’t replace a quick eye scan of a pic/image and use of the grey matter.

I simply haven’t time to sit around watching videos all day. Some young kids do have the time, it seems…this old fart doesn’t.

How about some sample screenshots of what the Pagelime interface looks like? And then use videos as an optional extra, if you like.

I tend to leave sites that use video only…rather quickly!

Hugh


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

And me - not a criticism, just a preference.

OldFarty Trev

On 11 Nov 2009, at 17:04, hugh wrote:

I tend to leave sites that use video only…rather quickly!


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

How about this:

http://pagelime.com/tour/

… it’s right in the topnav.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I told you I’m an old fart… :wink:

(and Trev too, it seems…!)


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Bet I’m windier than Hugh! :stuck_out_tongue:
On 11 Nov 2009, at 17:21, hugh wrote:

I told you I’m an old fart… :wink:

(and Trev too, it seems…!)


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Emil, it’s probably a matter of language, the choice of words…or most likely my intolerance!

I avoid ‘tours’ like the plague. They remind me of awful days out at theme parks surrounded by loads of obnoxious kids… Tours are things you do on leisure days, they are things of leisure, not of seriousness - to my mind anyway. I’ve been on these ‘online’ tours before, and they’re usually full of video, too!

So I’d bung all the ‘tour’ stuff in the How It Works and Features sections (good, hardnosed business words, those!).

Just my money…!

H.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options