No More WHOIS Protection?

Do they allow PO Boxes? If they don’t, that leaves that option out.

I’m not shy, I just have my info out there. But I understand if some people wouldn’t want their home address available like that. Many people work from home now. But there are a lot of reasons to not want to publish that. One such reason is homeowner’s associations (HOAs). Where I live, technically we are not supposed to run a business in the residential areas, but as long as we’re not bringing in traffic, it doesn’t matter. But in other neighborhoods, the HOA will go after you if you run any kind of business from your home. Your address on your WHOIS listing for your business’ site will just give them more ammo.

Then there’s the fact that even if you do your best, sometimes there’s a customer who just isn’t satisfied. Or maybe they’re crazy. If your business type might attract some of those, you don’t want them to get your home address.

What if you’re an entertainer? Granted, if you’re big enough that you might get stalkers, you should have people and the address could be listed at some manager’s office or something, but for those in between they may be doing it themselves and only have their home address to work with.

My business is small, DeltaDave. I hope it’s big someday. But right now, I don’t want my clients to know I work from home. Someday, I won’t be. But right now, due to the small size, I cannot justify paying for a “business address to provide to my clients/customers.”

(That’s not really true, I never hope to be that big. :slight_smile: I’m just making a point in that last paragraph.)

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: