No Smoothscroll with Shadow

When applying shadow to a linked pass-through graphic (or any other graphic object I suppose) the smoothscroll action stops working.

Any workaround for this propblem?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Not directly. The issue is that when you apply a smooth shadow to a graphic, it stops being rectangular, and Freeway responds by creating an image map for it. Map targets cannot be linked the way that regular (id-based) anchors can.

There are some work-arounds:

1. You can export the image and its shadow as a PNG or JPEG, then import that image as a new pass-through graphic. Because the new rectangle will include the shadow, you won’t have any issue with the smooth scroll. Watch out for mixed backgrounds if you do this. PNG-24 (millions of colors, in Freeway parlance) will preserve semi-transparent shadows, but JPEG and PNG-8 will not. Instead, they will sample a single spot on the background and use that to composite the entire shadow area, which may look odd or awful.

2. You can use CSS shadows instead of the image-based shadows. Make sure that the element is an HTML box (green borders) rather than a graphic box (blue borders) and then apply a simple shadow using the style tab of the Inspector. CSS shadows will not turn the box into a map target. However, CSS shadows can only be applied to pure rectangle images, unlike graphic-based shadows, which can wrap around irregular shapes based on transparency in the original image.

Walter

On May 15, 2018, at 12:28 PM, Jon H email@hidden wrote:

When applying shadow to a linked pass-through graphic (or any other graphic object I suppose) the smoothscroll action stops working.

Any workaround for this propblem?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

In psychology and other faculties one is encouraged to think outside the box to get better and faster results. And in this case this is what I should have done. Quite literally.

In other words, alternative 1 does the job perfectly.

Alernative 2 is more complicated as my linked box is a graphic and not an html.

Thank you, Walter. Muchly appreciated.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden